Another Vibration Issue - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Another Vibration Issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #16
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Front axle u-joints ok??? If you are getting issues when turning that's why I ask.

Shark_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_13 View Post
Front axle u-joints ok??? If you are getting issues when turning that's why I ask.
Good one. This would fit the problem.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
kachink
1998 ZJ 

Front axle u-joints and drive shaft u-joints all appear to be solid. I'm going to borrow a Go-Pro this afternoon, mount it under the front bumper, and see if I can get a video of it in action. Hopefully I'll be able to see what's wobbling & what's not.
kachink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #19
kachink
1998 ZJ 

Well, here's the view from down below. The only things that I can tell for sure are moving are the tire/wheel and the tie rod.

I did break loose the 3 axle side bolts that hold the hub on (driver's side) and re-torque them before I took this and there was an improvement.

Edit: I'm not sure why this is displaying like this, but if you click on the link(s) they will play on the YouTube page.

Passenger Side
http://youtu.be/vUiSltRTYWU
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Driver Side
http://youtu.be/RYO6NU0yOaE
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
kachink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , track bar bushing , vibration , wobble

jeep parts

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.