Another new Jeep owner Finally! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Another new Jeep owner Finally!

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 03-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
BigMookalook
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Another new Jeep owner Finally!

Hey everybody. Just bought an '06 Wrangler X "Light Khaki Metallic" this weekend. I've wanted a Jeep forever and Last year I was on my way to get a Jeep when I saw a Land Rover <----- dirty word???? Freelander convertible and bought that instead. Big mistake. I finally did the right thing Saturday and traded it in on a Jeep!

I've been lurking on the forum for a couple of weeks and love what you have here. I'm not planning to mod it out like most of your Kick butt mud and rock machines but I can't leave it completely alone so I'll probably add a little to it.

I plan to add PIAA 520 fogs to the front bumper, Raingler side nets (so my son doesn't pop out the side this spring), and maybe a Raingler rack and a half just cause i think it looks cool.

I'll probably paint the little steel wheels black too. Anyone have any tips on how to do it nice and clean as far as prep and what paint is durable and looks good.

I guess the idea is to make it look kinda like one of those army jeeps from back in the day and most of all just take off the doors and top and have a fun as hell Jeep like i've always wanted. thanks for the forum everyone!

Brandon

Last edited by BigMookalook; 03-01-2006 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: oops: sorry I used the a word
BigMookalook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
charlescho

welcome and I am jealous of your purchase

and wave at us on the street
Unread 03-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #3
fisher836
2008 JK Wrangler 

Welcome Welcome Welcome and congrats! Don't forget to wave (not at Land Rovers though - j/k)
Unread 03-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
hauganater2315

welcome and congrats, make sure to get it muddy
[URL="http://www.beltwayjeepers.com"]http://www.beltwayjeepers.com[/URL]
hauganater2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #5
Onefastdak02

Here's a for ya, welcome!

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Orange Jeep Club # 15 [/COLOR]
Onefastdak02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #6
BigMookalook
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Onefastdak02 you have the color I really wanted. The dealer said they weren't gonna order any more orange ones because they sit on the lot too long. Oh well they gave me a great deal on the one I got that was sitting on the lot.

Brandon
BigMookalook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
05RedRME
2005 TJ Wrangler 

congrats on the new ride. be sure to wave
05RedRME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #8
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Congratulations... there is a lot to do with them.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.