Another Door lock/unclock issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Another Door lock/unclock issue

New! JK/U skid plate system.FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-08-2015, 12:14 AM   #1
jayfrem
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Another Door lock/unclock issue

Hello

My full doors started giving me problems when unlocking with a key.

Heard i can spray some WD 40.

Should take the inner panel off and check the locks.
What usually goes wrong on these locks ?

Was someone able to program a remote for door lock/unlock ?

Jihad

Range Rover 1983 - mainly stock
jayfrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2015, 06:27 AM   #2
JEK3
New year, new avatar

2006 LJ Wrangler 

WD-40 may help, but it won't last long. Spend the couple bucks more on an actual lock spray with graphite.

I would recommend popping the inner panel off your door. The mechanism inside is a bunch of thin rods with plastic clips, things sometimes get misaligned or bind up. Can't hurt to take a look. May also help to look inside the other door, just so you know what a working door looks like.
JEK3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2015, 11:08 AM   #3
jayfrem
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Where to find these lock sprays with graphite?

It is snowing and freezing where i am.
Could it be frozen locks ? When i insert key i cannot open or lock the lock ? Both door have the issue. Passenger door is worse.

To take off inner door panel do i need to take off door hande screws and screw near door lock ?
Range Rover 1983 - mainly stock
jayfrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
rsurran
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you pull the inner door panels off in this weather you are going have a time getting them back on. I would shoot some graphite in the key hole and try that first. I had that problem in warm weather on my passenger door and I certainly wouldn't pull that panel off again without good reason and not now unless you are in a heated garage. The problem is the weather seal at the top of panel where it goes under the window seal.

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2015, 12:36 AM   #5
oakmckinley
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't locked my doors in over ten years. As your experiencing both lock cylinders on mine on the outside are frozen/rusted/dead...
I don't have any trouble opening or closing them though?

My suggestion just don't lock them and don't leave anything valuable in there.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
1964 Ford Fairlane 500
oakmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.