Angry Sparrows - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Angry Sparrows

Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Bds suspension discount

Unread 11-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
packersxxxi
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Angry Sparrows

Ok so ive been hearing a chirping noise on and off in my jeep for a long time. it only seems to do it when its cold out and it usually stops once i drive on it for 20 minutes. im not sure what the problem could be ive had people tell me it could be my u joint or a front seal but im not sure if thats the problem. is it possible that its my differential gears? im new to jeeps and i dont know all that much so any help would be appreciated... thanks guys!

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 95,000 miles, Jensen VM9214, Sony Xplode 12", Kenwood 350w amp, KC Hilites 130w Long Range lights, Warn VR8000 Winch.. Build List: 3" BDS Suspension Lift with Fox 2.0 shocks, Pro Comp Rock Crawler 152 Rims, 33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R's, LOD Rear Bumper, Metalcloaks front and rear, tom wood's SYE and CV driveshaft
packersxxxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Your post title says angry sparrows, and that's a likely possibility given your description. To find out if indeed that's the problem, remove your front drive shaft, and leave it out for a day or two. If the sound/chirp doesn't return then you've identified it.

CLick this link to Stu Olson's web site to see how to replace the u-joints & centering ball. Or, if you decide you'ld prefer to have it done, take the driveshaft to a shop in your area. Good luck.
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
eastcoastcam
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post
Your post title says angry sparrows, and that's a likely possibility given your description. To find out if indeed that's the problem, remove your front drive shaft, and leave it out for a day or two. If the sound/chirp doesn't return then you've identified it.

CLick this link to Stu Olson's web site to see how to replace the u-joints & centering ball. Or, if you decide you'ld prefer to have it done, take the driveshaft to a shop in your area. Good luck.
Bookmark the stuoffroad site! He's put LOTS of little tips and tricks for doing stuff on your Jeep.
eastcoastcam is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.