Aluminum transfer case skid plate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Aluminum transfer case skid plate

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 11-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Aluminum transfer case skid plate

I've seen some stuff leaked in other threads about a Saavy t-case skid, but not yet have I seen a thread devoted to this.

Anyone care to discuss? Blaine or Gerald?

Any idea when we might see something, or is there anything you can tell us about it?

Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #2
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
I've seen some stuff leaked in other threads about a Saavy t-case skid, but not yet have I seen a thread devoted to this.

Anyone care to discuss? Blaine or Gerald?

Any idea when we might see something, or is there anything you can tell us about it?
There will be one. It will be aluminum. It may require some minor welding or at the minimum, some creative drilling and bolting. It won't be for any but those who are savvy.
Unread 11-20-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
FLATFENDER54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Where are these leaked threads at??? Pics or just talking?
FLATFENDER54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATFENDER54 View Post
Where are these leaked threads at??? Pics or just talking?
Is the suspense killing you?

Hint: I think someone slid a sneak pic into one of the threads about another Savvy product?

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
There will be one. It will be aluminum. It may require some minor welding or at the minimum, some creative drilling and bolting. It won't be for any but those who are savvy.
Will it use the stock nutserts in the frame?

Will there be any lexan or UHMW used on the bottom?

If you don't want to answer, just ignore me.

I currently only have a cross member under my tranny and t-case so I'm anxious to do something.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 08:28 AM   #6
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
Will it use the stock nutserts in the frame?

Will there be any lexan or UHMW used on the bottom?

If you don't want to answer, just ignore me.

I currently only have a cross member under my tranny and t-case so I'm anxious to do something.
In that case, if you're flush with the frame, all you need is a piece of 6061 of whatever size and shape you like. Even if you're not... you can always bolt through the plate and 1" square tube to clear whatever protrudes....

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
roadkill
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post

Hint: I think someone slid a sneak pic into one of the threads about another Savvy product?
I don't think a lot of folks can and/or are willing to move all their body mounts up. me thinks it will be slightly different.
roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I don't think a lot of folks can and/or are willing to move all their body mounts up. me thinks it will be slightly different.
I know which picture you're referring to. I thought there was a different one, but I could be mistaken... wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:15 AM   #9
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know, mrblaine did say it will be only for the truly savvy...

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25 BL, JKS 1 BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #10
-dirt-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post

Got a link? One of the Savvy threads is 47 pages long. I found a pic of mrblaine's alum. skid, but I don't think that is the "official" Savvy unit.
-dirt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #11
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

one of the mods has something blaine made him on his YJ frame...it's flush w/ the frame...no word on if it's a prototype or a 1-off deal. although the implications and enuendo's are plentiful.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #12
FLATFENDER54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well I want a link. I have a new in the box 33 tummy tuck skid but been kinda slow on working on it waiting to see what this is gonna be like
FLATFENDER54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #13
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATFENDER54 View Post
Well I want a link. I have a new in the box 33 tummy tuck skid but been kinda slow on working on it waiting to see what this is gonna be like
want want want...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikJordan View Post
I'll have to post up a shot of my savvily designed (though not for production) flat skid
Maybe tomorrow I'll post it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikJordan View Post

JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.