JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Aluminum transfer case skid plate (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/aluminum-transfer-case-skid-plate-906269/)

Wheelin98TJ 11-20-2009 07:59 AM

Aluminum transfer case skid plate

I've seen some stuff leaked in other threads about a Saavy t-case skid, but not yet have I seen a thread devoted to this.

Anyone care to discuss? Blaine or Gerald? :D

Any idea when we might see something, or is there anything you can tell us about it?

mrblaine 11-20-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ (Post 8326276)
I've seen some stuff leaked in other threads about a Saavy t-case skid, but not yet have I seen a thread devoted to this.

Anyone care to discuss? Blaine or Gerald? :D

Any idea when we might see something, or is there anything you can tell us about it?

There will be one. It will be aluminum. It may require some minor welding or at the minimum, some creative drilling and bolting. It won't be for any but those who are savvy. ;)

FLATFENDER54 11-20-2009 08:05 AM

Where are these leaked threads at??? Pics or just talking?

NotURMailman 11-20-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLATFENDER54 (Post 8326314)
Where are these leaked threads at??? Pics or just talking?

:rofl: Is the suspense killing you?

Hint: I think someone slid a sneak pic into one of the threads about another Savvy product?

Wheelin98TJ 11-20-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrblaine (Post 8326297)
There will be one. It will be aluminum. It may require some minor welding or at the minimum, some creative drilling and bolting. It won't be for any but those who are savvy. ;)

Will it use the stock nutserts in the frame?

Will there be any lexan or UHMW used on the bottom?

If you don't want to answer, just ignore me. :laugh:

I currently only have a cross member under my tranny and t-case so I'm anxious to do something.

Boodyrider 11-20-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ (Post 8326396)
Will it use the stock nutserts in the frame?

Will there be any lexan or UHMW used on the bottom?

If you don't want to answer, just ignore me. :laugh:

I currently only have a cross member under my tranny and t-case so I'm anxious to do something.

In that case, if you're flush with the frame, all you need is a piece of 6061 of whatever size and shape you like. Even if you're not... you can always bolt through the plate and 1" square tube to clear whatever protrudes....

roadkill 11-20-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotURMailman (Post 8326367)

Hint: I think someone slid a sneak pic into one of the threads about another Savvy product?

I don't think a lot of folks can and/or are willing to move all their body mounts up. me thinks it will be slightly different.

NotURMailman 11-20-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadkill (Post 8326698)
I don't think a lot of folks can and/or are willing to move all their body mounts up. me thinks it will be slightly different.

I know which picture you're referring to. I thought there was a different one, but I could be mistaken... wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last!

dendrophobe 11-20-2009 09:15 AM

I don't know, mrblaine did say it will be only for the truly savvy... :shhh:

-dirt- 11-20-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotURMailman (Post 8326367)

Got a link? One of the Savvy threads is 47 pages long. I found a pic of mrblaine's alum. skid, but I don't think that is the "official" Savvy unit.

mike_dippert 11-20-2009 09:43 AM

one of the mods has something blaine made him on his YJ frame...it's flush w/ the frame...no word on if it's a prototype or a 1-off deal. although the implications and enuendo's are plentiful.

FLATFENDER54 11-20-2009 09:48 AM

Well I want a link. I have a new in the box 33 tummy tuck skid but been kinda slow on working on it waiting to see what this is gonna be like

mike_dippert 11-20-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLATFENDER54 (Post 8326930)
Well I want a link. I have a new in the box 33 tummy tuck skid but been kinda slow on working on it waiting to see what this is gonna be like

want want want...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikJordan (Post 8207962)
I'll have to post up a shot of my savvily designed (though not for production) flat skid :D
Maybe tomorrow I'll post it up :D

The time now is 06:18 AM.