Hey guys thanks for the opinons..... I have alot to say so let me try to organize my thoughts.
Ok, so I spent the morning banging the crap out of the terminals so i could take the battery out. (they were stuck on there good) Finally 45min later i had got the rusted bolts out and the battery removed. I let the terminals sit in some good rust remover while I went to Sam's Club to get a battery.
(Letting yall know do not go to Sear's, they charge 200+ for a crappy battery when I can go to Sam's and get a Duracell with a 8 year warrenty for 79.)
They tested the battery and they said that it wouldnt even hold a charge.... they were suprised it lasted as long as it did.
Anyways, going on.... I bought a Duracell Battery, bought new bolts for the terminals, a new air filter, and some water remover which you add to your gas. And when I came home the terminals were all shiny again
So, I cleaned the battery compartment (lots of mud in it) and put the battery in and put the new bolts and clean terminals in. The jeep barley cranked up....... WITH SOME ISSUES STILL....
I HAD CYLINDER MISFIRE IN 4 AND 6 AND THE BATTERY HAS ALREADY DROPPED FROM 14 TO 12 VOLTS....
I drove it around and it sits at 12 volts some of time and then goes back up..... but every time it dropes close to 12 the CHECK GAUGES LIGHT turns on.
So long story short I decided it wouldnt hurt to wash the alternator and wash the coil rack.... well those simple washs lead to me up under the car in the trans, skid plates, brakes, tires, under the engine, every friggin inch of the car, finding gallon after gallon of mud! I couldnt understand it. I had already spent a hour cleaning it 2 days before. I ended up spending 4 hours under the car. Once my wash complete i let the engine run for 10min....
I came back to a 14V charge on the battery and no check engine light and no check gauges light.
I am not sure if the battery issue is resolved i have not really drove it for a day. I will post back and let yall know tomorrow.
It still is running a bit funny so I am thinking I might have a tad bit of water in the engine somewhere. So I will add that water remover on my next fill up.
I still havent had a chance to look for a whole new multi function switch thing. (the whole thing with the blinkers, windsheild wipers, emergency flashers, all that good stuff) I have been told that it will cost me a good 200 to get one? is this true???
besides that all I need to do now is get the mud out of my car.
Let me ask yall a question? What do you think caused all this to happen? Was it just mud or could it have been a bad battery and maybe a alternator issue? I don't know?
Also, let me know with a little response if anyone likes these write up type things. I kinda enjoy doing them and I think it gives people a chance to look at issues that can occur.
And Also THANKS to yall who posted on here it let me look at those which in the end helped me solve some of the big issues. NOW JUST ONE MORE TO GO. (I HOPE)