Alternator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Alternator

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-23-2005, 10:18 AM   #1
slimjeep

Alternator

Ok I took my 05 TJ mudding this weekend and now it's have altenator issues I'm taking it into the shop since it's still under warrenty but does any one have any good way to keep mud and water off the Altenator? just curious I know the shop won't keep replacing the altenator!

33X10.5 BFG MT Tires

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4
slimjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2005, 10:36 AM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Flush it first with LOTS and LOTS of WD-40 first before taking it to the alternator shop. Doing so has cured more than a few alternators that were seemingly dead from too much mud. You'll need to take the belt off so you can spin it around to really effectively flush it with the WD-40. WD-40 is excellent at this particular task, better at this than lubrication and it won't harm any of the electronics inside.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.