Alternative to Fastback Top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Alternative to Fastback Top

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-24-2007, 08:43 PM   #1
djXternal
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alternative to Fastback Top

Hey guys, well the plan was to get the Viking Fastback top as soon as my current softtop started breaking down which was just recently... But I get on there site to find out pricing, only to find out its on a production hold for who knows how long..... Are there any alternative to this top? I really dont want another just like the stock, I loved the idea of folding the windows into the top itself and being able to take that completely off and roll it up in the back

I just want to know if there is anything similar

CB, 3" 4WD.com lift, BDS Front Adjustable Trackbar, Stock D30, ECGS Ford 8.8 Rear (Arb air locker and 4.56 gears), Eagle Alloys Series 187 15x10 wheels, 33x12.50r15 Cooper Discoverer STT's, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS BMML, Viking Fastback Top
djXternal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
AnotherRED

The windows don't fold up, you unzip then and put them up there. Its also kind of a PIA to completely take off. Other than that (which isn't a problem) its a great top and I won't be going back to the factory style. Be patience and wait as theres no other close to this quality.
AnotherRED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2007, 12:49 AM   #3
fyr196
2008 JK Wrangler 

I love my Viking top. I had an issue with the glue and netting, but I can remove the entire top in just 10 min, if I move slow. They replaced the top within a week of my phone call. I hope this holds up. Best top ever.
fyr196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2007, 05:34 AM   #4
FifteenCents
1997 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.californiatops.com/tops_sportsoft.html

I don't have any dealings with them, So I can't endorse them.
FifteenCents is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #5
UTWeezul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw1942ford
http://www.californiatops.com/tops_sportsoft.html

I don't have any dealings with them, So I can't endorse them.

Avoid California Tops!!!! Doing a quick search will give you more than enough information about them.
HP30 and 8.8 w/ lockers
UTWeezul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2007, 04:01 PM   #6
ErnieG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i have the California tops super top... i love the thing... not only does it look cool but i love the versatility of it, but beware the customer service is crap from this company you may not get your top for months and i think ive even heard cases of not receiving one at all. the product is awesome but the customer service sucks i defiantly will not do business again. just something to think about good luck
Unread 11-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #7
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

they're aiming to restart production in january or feb. suck it up and wait, it'll be worth it

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #8
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
they're aiming to restart production in january or feb. suck it up and wait, it'll be worth it
Yup...I heard February.

I have the Viking and I love it. Also, as stated above, the windows (all 3 of them) come off, not fold up, and go into a pouch that you zip closed and store in between the two top layers.
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2007, 04:32 PM   #9
djXternal
2004 TJ Wrangler 

ok well I can deff wait til then, but sometime companies put a rpoduct on hold and it might be years before they start up again, and I know my top isnt going to last that long
CB, 3" 4WD.com lift, BDS Front Adjustable Trackbar, Stock D30, ECGS Ford 8.8 Rear (Arb air locker and 4.56 gears), Eagle Alloys Series 187 15x10 wheels, 33x12.50r15 Cooper Discoverer STT's, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS BMML, Viking Fastback Top
djXternal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #10
bustedtj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i emailed them about it coming in other colors than black and at the time they said definatley not it made me a sad jeeper so if any body know if they are cheer me up
but my most hated thing on a jeep is the decal that says "flip me over if you can read this" on the windshield
bustedtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
M.DURITZ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

definitely do not go with californiatops! the guy who runs it does some shady stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.