Alpine SEC-8059 wont let me start the Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Alpine SEC-8059 wont let me start the Jeep

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
AWILD

Alpine SEC-8059 wont let me start the Jeep

I cant begin to tell you how frustrating this alarm is sometimes. It has a starter kill which is beyond me how to get around it when it's tripped. I've done the following

1. Unplug battery
2. Unplugged and reset the alpine brain
3. Toggled between valet and normal
4. Jumped the battery
5. Said many choice swear words at the thing

So can anyone help me? I've been searching all over, in alarm forums, everywhere. Still cant get it to start. Alpine no longer has support for alarms online, but I do have a wiring diagram for an identical model

Unread 07-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
tulman22
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hit up the car install guys (master techs) @ Best Buy. Got a good friend there that is always ready to help in any way possible.

Good luck!
Unread 07-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
AWILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulman22 View Post
Hit up the car install guys (master techs) @ Best Buy. Got a good friend there that is always ready to help in any way possible.

Good luck!
Just did, but unfortunately alpine hasnt made alarms in 5 or so years and they know nothing about them there. Going to try and call Alpine now...that should be fun.
Unread 07-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Unhook the alarm starter relay and wire it back to stock...
Unread 07-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
AWILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilM0nkey View Post
Unhook the alarm starter relay and wire it back to stock...
i'm thinking thats the best option, but gotta find the wiring schematics for the TJ ignition.
Unread 07-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It shouldn't be hard to wing it. Sometimes you get lucky and all you have to do is unplug the wires. But it's usually pretty easy to pick out the aftermarket wires and re-connect the stock ones.
Unread 07-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
AWILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilM0nkey View Post
It shouldn't be hard to wing it. Sometimes you get lucky and all you have to do is unplug the wires. But it's usually pretty easy to pick out the aftermarket wires and re-connect the stock ones.
Lol, that aint the case here. The alarm brain has over 20 wires spliced into just about everything under the dash. The starter kill relay however only has 5 or so wires. Just gotta find where the hell to connect them to if I cut them.
Unread 07-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #8
geepguy99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Should have everything you need wiring wise here:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...eard/Jeep.html

All you should have to do is disconnect the starter kill and re-wire the ignition wires and should be color for color. You should be able to lleave the rest of the alarm installed if you wanted.
geepguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
AWILD

Pulled the whole damn thing out, rewired the ignition...still no start. Battery is getting 12v, starter is getting 2v. Hmmm...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.