Alloy USA Dana 44 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit (12135) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Alloy USA Dana 44 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit (12135)

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 03-17-2008, 04:39 AM   #1
Kiwi Jeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Alloy USA Dana 44 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit (12135)

Hi,

I am about to order this kit tomorrow and had a question whether the kit includes the retaining plate as well? The descriptions I have read say that it includes the items 1, 2, 3, and 5 from the following diagram. What about item 4 (i.e. the retaining plate).

If its not included, where can I source it? I don't want to take the bearings off the old shafts to get to the retaining plates. I would rather use the older set as a spare (complete).

Thanks in advance for the input. The kit is http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...95&partID=3989

Kiwi Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:08 AM   #2
orangetj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

no it doesn't include them. you can get them from the dealer for about $10 each
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:22 AM   #3
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah surprisingly the dealer doesnt charge $100 so just go get them there.
jeeptillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:26 AM   #4
Kiwi Jeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Great, I'll try them tomorrow morning.

BTW, I am going with the kit rather than changing the seal (and possibly the bearing) after prices from the local dealer nearly gave me a heart attack! I must admit, owning a Jeep in a foreign country is a luxury and parts tend to be at a premium. Unfortunately, Spicer was out of stock as well. Hence the kit (its only marginally more expensive than the parts for one side). Go figure.
Unread 03-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
Bandicoot
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think the plate differs slightly depending on if you have disk or drum brakes, so make sure you get the right one. Also means that if the site doesn't ask what brakes you have, then you know it's not included.
Bandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
99GunMetalTJ

Order them from here:

http://www.northridge4x4.com/index.php

Ask Dave to ship them with the proper backing plates and bearings pressed on. He will be more than happy to do it. Drums or Disks are dependant on which backing plates you need.
99GunMetalTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
Kiwi Jeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot View Post
I think the plate differs slightly depending on if you have disk or drum brakes, so make sure you get the right one. Also means that if the site doesn't ask what brakes you have, then you know it's not included.
Good point, TJ with rear disk brakes were never offered in New Zealand. So we just have to live with drum brakes.
Unread 03-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
Kiwi Jeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GunMetalTJ View Post
Order them from here:

http://www.northridge4x4.com/index.php

Ask Dave to ship them with the proper backing plates and bearings pressed on. He will be more than happy to do it. Drums or Disks are dependant on which backing plates you need.
I would have, but he does not ship items to overseas addresses and I am in New Zealand. Its a pain to order stuff because I have to deal with companies who are willing to export.
Unread 03-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #9
nitecop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Jeeper View Post
Hi,

I am about to order this kit tomorrow and had a question whether the kit includes the retaining plate as well?
Order em up quick to get in line, as they are on back order everywhere here. I have set on order I'm told end of march for a ship date. We will see if they are telling the truth.
Project f-Xj F150/XJ Ford eXtreme jeep combo
06 6 Speed LJ my daily driver.
Colorado Jeep club memeber #505
nitecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #10
Kiwi Jeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitecop View Post
Order em up quick to get in line, as they are on back order everywhere here. I have set on order I'm told end of march for a ship date. We will see if they are telling the truth.
Well, a couple of places that had indicated they would have them, today are saying its back order till end April '08 Doesn't help me in getting my problem sorted. I have found a seal and bearing locally that should at least now get me going while contemplate on this a bit more.
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #11
RedRubiconLJ
Web Wheeler

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Jeeper View Post
I would have, but he does not ship items to overseas addresses and I am in New Zealand. Its a pain to order stuff because I have to deal with companies who are willing to export.
Is there anyone in the states you could trust to have them shipped to them for free then you pay shipping to NZ from there?

Most online vendors ship them completely ready to bolt in.
34" Toyo AT2's

Sold 2005 Red Rubi Unlimited
Jeep Pics

2004 TJ sold
1993 YJ sold
RedRubiconLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #12
Kiwi Jeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRubiconLJ View Post
Is there anyone in the states you could trust to have them shipped to them for free then you pay shipping to NZ from there?

Most online vendors ship them completely ready to bolt in.
I am trying to set up with something like this:

http://www.buyusa.co.nz/

so that I would have easier time in future.
Unread 03-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #13
the_ronster
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The link in my signature sells Superior Shafts, and they ship overseas if I recall correctly.
RE 3.5 Super Flex, Old Man Emu Long Travel Shocks and Steering Stabalizer, RE Hack & Tap SYE, AA CV Drive Shaft, ARB Compressor, ARB Front and Rear Lockers, 35x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, Custom Fabbed Bumpers, ORFAB rear tire carrier/ gascan holder, Superior 4.88s, and Heated Seats

the_ronster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.