Alloy USA D30 Chromoly Front Axle Shafts - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 01-17-2008, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
ryne0149
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 26
Alloy USA D30 Chromoly Front Axle Shafts

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...95&partID=3994

Looking to get a little better beef out of my dana 30 and i came across these axle shafts. What do you guys think or is ther anyone out their who is running them on ther rigs right now and have good things or bad things to say? If your running them are they worth it or go with dana 44. I have an ARB air locker on the way and am running 33s so i figure i will want some insurance. Thanks Ry

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...95&partID=3994


Last edited by ryne0149; 01-17-2008 at 08:58 PM.
ryne0149 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 Old 01-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Squeeky
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ellensburg/Maple Valley,Wa
Posts: 1,287
lol...about 75% of the forum uses them..the other 25% either hasnt upgraded their axles or has swapped them for a beefier housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unscathed View Post
Yea.. I mean really... who herculines their jeep naked.. go figure..

My auto racing team (neat website lots of pictures)

Stu-offroad, A wealth of information on TJ's!

4x4xplor

Motor Oil Myths and Facts (Not sponsored by Amsoil)
Squeeky is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old 01-17-2008, 08:36 PM
BYuen
Registered User
 
BYuen's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,838
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeky
lol...about 75% of the forum uses them..the other 25% either hasnt upgraded their axles or has swapped them for a beefier housing
Yea I'm part of the 25% who hasn't upgraded with the Alloys yet because I'm waiting for mine to break.. and then I'll replace
BYuen is offline  
post #4 of 23 Old 01-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Squeeky
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ellensburg/Maple Valley,Wa
Posts: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYuen
Yea I'm part of the 25% who hasn't upgraded with the Alloys yet because I'm waiting for mine to break.. and then I'll replace
same here...honeslty though..i dont think ive been wheeling her hard enough lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unscathed View Post
Yea.. I mean really... who herculines their jeep naked.. go figure..

My auto racing team (neat website lots of pictures)

Stu-offroad, A wealth of information on TJ's!

4x4xplor

Motor Oil Myths and Facts (Not sponsored by Amsoil)
Squeeky is offline  
post #5 of 23 Old 01-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 24,165
Unlimited04 is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old 01-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Savvy
Vendor
 
Savvy's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tustin, CA - Orange County
Posts: 7,012
I don't have them because I have two stock spare sets. It would be nice to have them!

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Overall Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FOUR years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

Five years in a row! KOH Mod Killer Build

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old 01-17-2008, 08:55 PM
1CleanTJ
Registered User
 
1CleanTJ's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North-east CT
Posts: 1,952
there nice, but there expensive
1CleanTJ is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old 01-17-2008, 09:12 PM
thejafe
Registered User
 
thejafe's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 5,594
I run the Alloy USA rear Chromo shafts ($210 shipped) and I'd run the front's as well if they weren't so pricey. Eventually I'll snap a stock front shaft and be forced to open the wallet...
thejafe is offline  
post #9 of 23 Old 01-17-2008, 09:38 PM
jeeperkt
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Allen
Posts: 338
I have the rear alloy shafts, and im just waiting to break one of the D30s so I have a reason to upgrade.

01 Tj, RE long arm, 35s, Locked ft/rear, D44 rear, building HP D44 front
jeeperkt is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old 01-17-2008, 09:44 PM
2005X
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posts: 8,276
im running the rear on my D44, and also on my D30, from my understanding these will make the D30 %20 stonger than the front D44 out of a rubi
2005X is offline  
post #11 of 23 Old 01-17-2008, 11:48 PM
quadna71
Registered User
 
quadna71's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 584
good investment.

cheaper here though
http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/products/1823.html

2013 JKU Sahara - ours
2001 TJ SE - hers, 2001 XJ Sport - ours

2003 TJ Sport - sold, 2000 TJ Sport - sold
1993 XJ Sport - totaled, 1987 XJ Laredo - sold
1987 XJ Chief - sold, 1953 CJ-3B - sold
quadna71 is offline  
post #12 of 23 Old 01-18-2008, 07:55 AM
robncar
Registered User
 
robncar's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Verne
Posts: 8,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryne0149
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...95&partID=3994

Looking to get a little better beef out of my dana 30 and i came across these axle shafts. What do you guys think or is ther anyone out their who is running them on ther rigs right now and have good things or bad things to say? If your running them are they worth it or go with dana 44. I have an ARB air locker on the way and am running 33s so i figure i will want some insurance. Thanks Ry

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...95&partID=3994
Did you already order that ARB? If not, consider the AlloyUSA "Grande 30" kit. It's a 30 spline ARB and 30 spline AlloyUSA chrome shafts.

http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/products/1819.html

http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/products/1494.html

I run that kit in the front D30 and in the rear D44 stock spline count alloys with ARB's in both ends. So far, this has held up to 35's without issues. I also have more confidence in the front end. I know you're on 33's but, if the 30 spline stuff is the same price, why not?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/diy-alignment-kit-steps-w-pics-2264465/

Last edited by robncar; 01-18-2008 at 08:05 AM.
robncar is offline  
post #13 of 23 Old 01-18-2008, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
ryne0149
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 26
Not yet its just watiting for me to hit the checkout button i wanted to see what everyone had to say becuase you guys can help make the investments alot easier to decide on. Yeah thats a good call going with the 30 spline.
ryne0149 is offline  
post #14 of 23 Old 01-18-2008, 08:04 AM
GSW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 317
I just installed the 27-spline AlloyUSA axles. It's nice to still be able to use stock shafts as spares....just in case.
GSW is offline  
post #15 of 23 Old 01-18-2008, 09:27 AM
VinoTJ
Registered User
 
VinoTJ's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 721
I went with the 30spl ARB with the allow usa 30spl inners with 27spl outers. The 27spl outers act as my fuse - if something breaks it SHOULD be outside of the diff.

2008 Wrangler Unlimited X
VinoTJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Alloy USA Dana 30 and Ford 8.8 Chromoly axle shafts install write up barry1me TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 14 06-29-2010 07:32 AM
Dana 30 Alloy Chromoly axle kit with ABS? J03_TJ TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 2 08-02-2009 11:55 AM
Superior Axle Vers. Alloy USA Chromoly 98tjwrangler TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 12 02-24-2009 02:48 PM
Alloy USA Dana 44 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit (12135) Kiwi Jeeper TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 12 03-17-2008 08:15 PM
Alloy USA D30 Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kit DaSham58 YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 6 03-05-2008 12:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome