Air flow problem... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Air flow problem...

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Tassadar

Air flow problem...

Well, my Jeep Wrangler suddenly started to have problems with air-conditioning air flow. The air seems to come out the bottom (feet) portion only. Turning the knob will not cause the front portion to fire up. Turning the knob to any of the positions does not matter. But here is the odd part, occasionally when starting the Jeep, the air will kick out the front on it's own (ie. when air conditioning is on).

Now I do not think it is a disconnected hose (I think!) because if it were so, when I turn the knob from "feet only" to "front only" should cause the air flow on the feet region to go off or at least slow down. But the flow does not modulate at all... I am not sure where/what to start looking at. Please advice

CC

Tassadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
cntp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

There is a little door valve thingy (I can only think of "Blend Door", but I think that's the one that controls heat vs ac), way behind the dash somewhere I'm sure, that controls where the air goes. It's vacuum operated I believe. It's default position (I think via a spring) is defrost, then going to floor and then dash vents. My guess, either this door is stuck, or you've got a vacuum leak that is not allowing it to turn all the way to dash vents position.

On my old Grand Cherokee, I had a vacuum leak somewhere (never took the time to find it), so if I was crusing down the highway and hit a hill, the A/C would move from the dash, to the floor, to defrost, depending on how steep the hill was. Once I was at the top of the hill, it went back to the vents
Unread 07-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
thirdeye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Keep the A/C in the off position and take off your doors and top!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thirdeyes-second-tj-1816002/
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #4
Mino
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This happened to me before when I accidentally disconnected a vacuum hose right under my throttle body. Check it out. Good luck.
3" suspension lift, K&N cold air intake, Pro Comp MX6 shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects & Front Track Bar, Dynomax Cat-Back system, SYE kit, Pro Comp Rock Crawler Wheels, 33" BF Goodrich A/T, Aussie Locker, and Warn XD9000i winch
Mino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 12:57 AM   #5
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntp View Post
There is a little door valve thingy (I can only think of "Blend Door", but I think that's the one that controls heat vs ac), way behind the dash somewhere I'm sure, that controls where the air goes. It's vacuum operated I believe. It's default position (I think via a spring) is defrost, then going to floor and then dash vents. My guess, either this door is stuck, or you've got a vacuum leak that is not allowing it to turn all the way to dash vents position.

On my old Grand Cherokee, I had a vacuum leak somewhere (never took the time to find it), so if I was crusing down the highway and hit a hill, the A/C would move from the dash, to the floor, to defrost, depending on how steep the hill was. Once I was at the top of the hill, it went back to the vents
That would be called the "mode" door

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c , flow , vent

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.