air flow control door in the HVAC system - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > air flow control door in the HVAC system

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 10-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

air flow control door in the HVAC system

I figured it out this hanging motor actuates when I switch from dash to floor. This is going to be important in the winter I guess lol where should I get one of these?

also in the picture, the plastic piece at the end of the arm is broken, the motor still works fine. Could I possibly need a new door and not the motor? And where does this thing mount up?

posted this in another thread with a different title, wasnt expecting to be talking this much about it so I made a new thread with an accurate title.

Thanks guys.

Hunter

LiveAndLearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
rnolloth88

Sounds like you are gonna need to pull the dash.Remove the heater box and replace the blend door.Very common problem
rnolloth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

fml i really wish i didnt have to take off the whole dash
Unread 10-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

any how-to's on this?
Unread 10-02-2010, 06:33 AM   #5
rnolloth88

It's not a terrible job,at least not for me but i've also done a bunch of them.You have to remove the steering column,locate all the bolts for the dash once you get the dash out the bolts for the heater box are on the outside of the jeep on the firewall.You'll need to reomve the heater hoses and unhook the ac lines which actually takes a special tool.Be sure you have someone evacuate the ac system before you unhook the ac lines.Overall not a bad job but as i said i've done a bunch of them.If you get into it and got any questions let me know and i'll help ya along.
rnolloth88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.