air conditioning control panel issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > air conditioning control panel issues

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 10-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
stu132u
2006 TJ Wrangler 

air conditioning control panel issues

I, have a 2001 TJ Sport (4.0L five speed manual) and when I move the selector switch to blower only (selections four and five on the round knob), the fan shuts off completely. When the selector is in the A/C mode (first three selections on the switch) and the defrost mode (last two selections on the switch) the blower motor works fine on all speed levels. I have replaced the blower motor speed selection switch, the A/C selector switch, and the blower motor resistor. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Stuart
stu132u@aol.com
407 718 1787, cell

stu132u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Look for a melted connector that is causing an open in the circuit at the connection to the switch.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
stu132u
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the reply - all wires look solid. Do you know which wire in particular I should be looking at? There are three wires that go into the AC selector switch - (black/ground, thin light green - comes from wiring harness, dark green - goes from AC selector to blower motor speed), OR the wiring on the Blower motor speed selector - four speeds (Dark green from AC selector, blue,tan, dark brown with tan stripe, green - these all seem to go to the blower motor resistor). These all go to the light green plug located behind the glove compartment then go to the blower motor resistor, and the relay. I hope that this makes sense. Thanks in advance for your help.
stu132u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c , air conditioning , blower motor , blower motor resistor , blower motor switch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.