Air Conditioning - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Air Conditioning

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-12-2004, 02:34 PM   #1
sfr246
1997 ZJ 

Air Conditioning

I have a 97 SE, no AC and want to try and put an AC system in... i was wondering if this is a pain to do and also what parts would i need to do it? (prices would help if u have them)

-sfr

Unread 06-12-2004, 04:32 PM   #2
honaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr246
I have a 97 SE, no AC and want to try and put an AC system in... i was wondering if this is a pain to do and also what parts would i need to do it? (prices would help if u have them)

-sfr
I am thinking about adding ac to a '99 Sport. Take a look at www.ackits.com. That is as far as I have gotten but at least it is a starting point. I seem to recall the dealer quoting somewhere around $1650.00 installed.
honaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2004, 10:45 PM   #3
notbigenf1

just guessing but some vehicles come with some of the brackets and wiring just missing the hard parts ,might be worth looking at a jeep with A/C to see what you have or don't have. I would look at a salvage yard for the little parts you need and buy the comp,drier,expansion valve etc. new(aftermarket)
notbigenf1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2004, 12:12 AM   #4
WAMPAROO

would SE's move at all with AC blasting at full? They barely go the speed limit as it is with your foot all the way to the floor? Something to think about
WAMPAROO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2004, 04:53 AM   #5
garion12299

I hear www.bestop.com has some great A/C units! You unzip, unclip and fold back, all the air a growin boy needs!
Unread 06-13-2004, 09:00 PM   #6
pointman

i am currently looking for the same thing. I live in Florida so the tops usually off but when it rains its like a greenhouse in my 97 TJ. I've got the 2.5 and it looks like the a/c could be hooked right up, and in the cab i have the vents , etc.. I checked out www.jcwhitney.com and they have the whole setup for about $800 (comp,etc,) It seems this setup will fit under the dash and connect to the current vent system, so that the whole thing looks stock. Hopefully this will help you. Let me know if you find anything better or cheaper

seizure
Unread 06-13-2004, 09:21 PM   #7
pointman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman
i am currently looking for the same thing. I live in Florida so the tops usually off but when it rains its like a greenhouse in my 97 TJ. I've got the 2.5 and it looks like the a/c could be hooked right up, and in the cab i have the vents , etc.. I checked out www.jcwhitney.com and they have the whole setup for about $800 (comp,etc,) It seems this setup will fit under the dash and connect to the current vent system, so that the whole thing looks stock. Hopefully this will help you. Let me know if you find anything better or cheaper

seizure
looks like www.ackits.com is better...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.