Air conditioner line puncture. Will JB weld work?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Air conditioner line puncture. Will JB weld work??

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 06-26-2005, 11:18 PM   #1
docsayler

Air conditioner line puncture. Will JB weld work??

First off, I am new to this forum, so Hello All. My question is I have a small pinhole on my air conditioner line and all the 134a leaked out. What I am wandering is if something like JB weld would work to seal the hole. The hose I am refering to is the one that comes out of the top of the compressor. Its a 1997 4.0. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

docsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2005, 11:32 PM   #2
Stu Olson
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

If that is the high pressure line, it will be seeing pressures in the range of 300~350 PSI. I'm not sure if JB weld would hold up to something like that.
Stu Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2005, 01:25 AM   #3
TJ-n-Oregon

Stu is right. I doubt JB weld would hold the pressure on that line. Have you priced just replacing the line and orings? I wouldn't think it'd be that much.

'02 TJ Sport with a few mods
'95 XJ with a few mods'
TJ-n-Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2005, 07:30 AM   #4
blupupher

Nope, JB weld is not made for pressure situations. And it does not bond well to aluminum. You need to either replace the line (recomended) or have someone who welds aluminum weld the hole.
Either way, you need the A/C system serviced by an A/C person, because the system will need to be evacuated and re-charged.
blupupher is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.