aftermarket gauges - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > aftermarket gauges

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 08-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
bigman01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

aftermarket gauges

Have any of yall put aftermarket gauges in your TJ? I want to put a mechanical oil pressure and temp. gauge in and was wondering if that would set off codes in the ecm. I have an 01 TJ 4.0l. I could only find one port for the temp sensor. How do yall make it work? Thanks!

bigman01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
dr hook
1996 ZJ 

get mechanical gauges, not electrical. won't affect the computer at all since the gauges are standalone units.
Unread 08-16-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
The Mean Fish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman01
Have any of yall put aftermarket gauges in your TJ? I want to put a mechanical oil pressure and temp. gauge in and was wondering if that would set off codes in the ecm. I have an 01 TJ 4.0l. I could only find one port for the temp sensor. How do yall make it work? Thanks!
I'm not sure how adding a stand alone mechanical gauge could set off a CEL.
The Mean Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
bigman01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah i guess that was my question. I didn't know if the gauges were stand alone units or if they did go through the computer. Thanks!!
bigman01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.