After OME 2.5 Lift.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > After OME 2.5 Lift....

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 07-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
patricknash1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

After OME 2.5 Lift....

Ok so last weekend after reading the forums for months I installed the OME 2.5" lift and was very happy with the results. Now I am looking to get rid of my 31s and run some 33s and I am trying to figure out what else I need to do this. After reading more posts I know I will probably be getting the JKS 1.25" body lift, but I am confused on the MML and if I will need it. I had very little vibrations after doing the OME lift and I didnt install the tc drop, but I would rather just order everything ahead of time if I need the MML than installing the BL and then finding out I need the MML. Any help would be appreciated. In addition to the tires, I will also be getting some aftermarket rims with the 3.75 backspacing to help fit the tires.

Here's a few pics of the lift with 31s as it sits now.

Also I plan on removing the steps on the sides and replacing with some rock sliders and getting new bumpers in the next couple weeks so please, no comments on those

patricknash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Speed94
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just got my kit in from DPG...mine came with the Brown Dog MML and a JKS 1.25 bl. Havent installed it yet, but dirk said the MML was recommended since mine are 13 years old anyway. I'm not sure what he would have said if I didnt get the BL though.
97 TJ PD club member #007
Speed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
Doogie1022
2012 JK Wrangler 

Possible re-gear to at least 4.10's may be a necessity. EDIT: you are running 3.07's now.
Doogie1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
maddiver
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ditto on the re-gear. I ran with the 3.07s for two years before regearing. It was like getting a whole new vehicle.
When you re-gear, consider adding in a Detroit Tru-trac or some form of locker and you'll be even happier.
maddiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #5
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

For what it may be worth, I run the 2-1/2" OME, too. Do you off road much? Consider the following...

I added 1-1/4" Teraflex pucks on top of the OME, and a 1" BL + 1" MML, a SYE + RUCA's. Currently running 33's and I still get a lot of conflict up front when stuffing, to the point of completely disfiguring my factory flares. I believe an inch or so additional bump stop in the front would have prevented it. Tubes or MCE Flatty's would have likely helped, too. Then again, a little less aggressive off-roading might have been just the ticket!
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
patricknash1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I do have the 3.07s and its a 3 speed auto so I definetly plan to regear ASAP, I will have to put some thought into though since its a Dana 35 and most people say not too lock or throw money into that axle. I was looking at the Super 35 upgrade or looking through the junkyards for a TJ D44. I have seen the write ups on the Ford 8.8 and thats always an option also.
Unread 07-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
redo4x
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would stick with the wheels you have now. Much easier to tuck and not as much mud slung inside the jeep. Get some type of mml with the body lift. It makes it easier in the long run.
redo4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

what OME shocks part #'s are you running and how much bumpstop extension did you install.... a BL is not needed for 2.5" lifts and 33" tires.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #9
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
what OME shocks part #'s are you running and how much bumpstop extension did you install.... a BL is not needed for 2.5" lifts and 33" tires.
I bought the OME kit from 4 Wheel Parts. I got the "Heavy" kit. Don't have the part number available right now. Here's pictures I took moments ago of both sides of the front. Check my profile for current specs.

NOTE; The rash is just trail stuff, not a big deal. But notice how both left and right flares have been distorted? I would think I need additional bump stops up front, or just go with tube or MCE Flatty's. I'm interested in your thoughts.

Thanks MudB8,
~John/Tacoma, WA
img_0035-800x600.jpg   img_0036-800x600.jpg  
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
patricknash1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I also ordered the HD springs for the front and rear, OME933 and OME942 and the kit also came with a bumpstop spacer kit FK16.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.