AEV tummy tuck question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > AEV tummy tuck question

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 01-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
joshhtfld
2005 LJ Wrangler 

AEV tummy tuck question

I am trying to plan my build ideas for the next couple of months so, so far parts I have sitting in the garage to install are metalcloak overline front and rear fenders, 1 ton steering, and a vanco pbs is about to be ordered,

coming up I plan on a 2 inch OME lift with steering stabilizer
Currie AntiRock
SYE and CV driveshaft
35's and new rims

then an AEV tummy tuck
my question is with the AEV tummy tuck am I required to have a 1 inch body lift installed, I have herd a lot of talk about body lifts being installed to allow tummy tucks so I was just curious

joshhtfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
ozo101
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i had an aev tt on my ribicon with no body lift , i dont think is necesary, you have to dimple the tub to allow some room for the TC to tuck in , but most of the room comes from the low profile mount, and that thing is almost flat , to me the best TT out there!
Unread 01-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
Ef4life
2004 TJ Wrangler 

With the aev it's not required, but it can't hurt either.
Ef4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
joshhtfld
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Dimpling the tub? Hmm how hard was it to install the tummy tuck
joshhtfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
ozo101
2003 TJ Wrangler 

yeah take a sledge hamer and make a dimple above the TC in the tub to make room , the tub is double lined in this spot so it does not show inside the jeep just a dent underneath, mine is a rubicon with a 241 transfer I dont know if you have to dimple the tub with a 231 transfer since is a bit smaller, and if you have a body lift i`m sure you dont have too, the installation is easy as long as the nutserts on your frame dont spin when you are removing the stock skid then it could get ugly , but even then is not terrible .
Unread 01-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
crusty1007

I prefer a broad faced plastic dead blow mallet for moving the sheet metal. It keeps it a bit more uniform VS a bunch of dents in the floor.

The AEV doesn't require a body lift for the 231 or 241 in the TJ applications.

However if you swap to an Atlas 2 speed, it will require the body lift OR the tub to be cut & welded up for clearance.
www.SynergySuspension.com ----> Click and download the new catalog!!!
crusty1007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.