advice on a TJ project - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > advice on a TJ project

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #16
OrlandoTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

fyi,
I also have a '01 sport (bought new) and it is has the factory D35 and 3.07 gears. I did not know about the d44 till after I bought it, so been careful on what mods I have done which is adding a 2" coil spacer, running 31's and put in Powertrack auto locker in rear. Has over 77K miles on it.

Just adding to the question if all sports came with D44 --- no.

enjoy your new Jeep!

OrlandoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #17
TJe0454
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Apocalypse, pix would be helpful. Thanks.
TJe0454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #18
vanhorn1290
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have a TJ with a 4 inch r/c lift and i'm about to get 33's for it. I ran 31*10.5*15's on my stock 3.07 gears and it lagged at times on hills. I upgraded my gears to 3.73 on the dana 35/30 axles. That puts you at the lower recommended rpm range. Here is a chart to go off of.

Jeep Horizons :: RPM vs Gear Ratio Chart

I personally don't like how body lifts look. I may do a slight body lift to compliment my suspension lift so that I can run 35" tires in the future.

Good luck, stay safe, and have fun!
vanhorn1290 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #19
cstevens
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Save your money and do it the way you want the first time. IMHO, If you go with budget builds, but really want a 4" sl and 33's, you will be disappointed and end up spending more in the first place....trust me, patience is the key when you are building a jeep.
Owning a jeep is an addiction, you really think "I can stop modding and wheeling any time- I can sell the jeep any time", but you can't. Hi- my name is Chris and I'm a jeepaholic.
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #20
wavelength20
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Check out the reviews section for some good pointers. I got some 33" km2 tires and a 4" x flex rough country lift for my lj 2 months ago. Still testing it out but things are ok so far.
wavelength20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #21
Apocalypse
2008 JK Wrangler 

3in BDS springs up front, 2.25in spacers in back. Didn't need to extend bumpstops for 31s. When I go 33s I'll just rtv a couple hockey pucks in. Now that the springs settled it is exactly 7 inches from highest point of tire to the fender flare both front and rear
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #22
TJe0454
2001 TJ Wrangler 

what size wheels?
TJe0454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #23
Apocalypse
2008 JK Wrangler 

15x8 cragar with 31x10.5 tires, could clear 33s easy with minor bumpstop extension
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
audio , lift , suspension , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.