Adjustable VS. Non adjustable Control Arms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Adjustable VS. Non adjustable Control Arms

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
Daylan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Adjustable VS. Non adjustable Control Arms

How much more articulation do you get with adjustable control arms over non adjustable control arms?

Daylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #2
okeefe11
2002 TJ Wrangler 

non, they allow you to set a desired length to your control arm in the chance you make suspension changes.
Front & Rear ARB plus 4.56 gear
Front & Rear Warn Bumper w/9.5ti on Front
Poison Spyder Rocker Guards
okeefe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 11:02 PM   #3
Daylan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeefe11
non, they allow you to set a desired length to your control arm in the chance you make suspension changes.
So if I don't plan on going anymore than 4" with 33's I would be better off buying a cheaper lift with only the lower non-adjustable arms and disco's than I would spending more for a kit with front and rear uper and lower adjustable arms?
Daylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #4
NavinRJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daylan
So if I don't plan on going anymore than 4" with 33's I would be better off buying a cheaper lift with only the lower non-adjustable arms and disco's than I would spending more for a kit with front and rear uper and lower adjustable arms?
Depends on what your goals are. If you just want to flex off road, there will not be a substantial difference whether you have adjustable control arms.

What the adjustable arms do is allow you to dial in your suspension angles. This will decrease bind in the suspension while you are flexing and put far less strain on various components of your rig (e.g., U-joints, control arm brackets, driveshafts, whatever). The biggest area I think it makes a difference is on road handling and ride. Having everything aligned properly is good thing when following a winding road at 70 mph.

That's my naive, inarticulate take on it anyway.

'06 LJ (specs in profile, 35's, ARBs, rocket boosters, stealth technology, etc.)
NavinRJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.