Adjustable track bars - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Adjustable track bars

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
Aiden80013
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Adjustable track bars

I'm about to replace my front and rear track bars, and wondering which are good...I've got a Rancho adj front and a relocation bracket in the rear. The Rancho has way too much play in it, even after replacing the ends...and the relocation bracket has to go.

I was about to pull the trigger on new JKS front and rear adj track bars for ~$350. Then I saw the rough country bars for ~$100 each...Are they any good, or is the old you get what you pay for type scenario.

Aiden80013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
MayRoll
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The biggest difference with the Rough Country bar is the lack of a flex joint on the frame side. Having (what looks like) poly bushings at both ends can lead to binding at, or close to max flex. The JKS trac bar has what is considered to be the best heim style (Currie's Johnny Joint) joint available which is used on the frame side of the bar. They also use a Clevite (rubber) bushing on the axle side.
MayRoll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

the relocation bracket needs to stay.. just reinforced, it helps correct the geometry by reducing the angle of the track bar which makes them handle better with reduced squirming on the hwy.

the rc bar will work on your application as long as you have a minimum of 2" bumpstops or 25.5" long shocks for diff cover issues.

it will flex without binding as far as the short arms can reach.. I prefer the JKS and currie bars also and above all the nth degree HD adjustable.. click the track bar link in my sig..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
Aiden80013
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
the relocation bracket needs to stay.. just reinforced, it helps correct the geometry by reducing the angle of the track bar which makes them handle better with reduced squirming on the hwy.

the rc bar will work on your application as long as you have a minimum of 2" bumpstops or 25.5" long shocks for diff cover issues.

it will flex without binding as far as the short arms can reach.. I prefer the JKS and currie bars also and above all the nth degree HD adjustable.. click the track bar link in my sig..
I was hoping to get rid of the relocation bracket, but oh well...I guess I'll be better off getting the JKS, for 4-6" of lift. I only want to do this once, so I might as well spend a couple extra dollars now.

Thanks guys
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden80013 View Post
I was hoping to get rid of the relocation bracket, but oh well...I guess I'll be better off getting the JKS, for 4-6" of lift. I only want to do this once, so I might as well spend a couple extra dollars now.

Thanks guys

you can do that, many do, it has side effects worse than having to reinforce the bracket IMO..

AEV/nth degree has a good,adjustable relocation bracket that is braced...

or you and weld and reinforce your current bracket like jerry's..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 05-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
Aiden80013
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
you can do that, many do, it has side effects worse than having to reinforce the bracket IMO..

AEV/nth degree has a good,adjustable relocation bracket that is braced...

or you and weld and reinforce your current bracket like jerry's..

Looks beefy, where can I get that bracket, did a google search and got nothing...
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden80013 View Post
Looks beefy, where can I get that bracket, did a google search and got nothing...
both are... I might have a couple nth brackets, if not, you can buy direct..
the part number is on the box in the pic.

https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...Code=nthdegree

I've made several diff cover/track bar braces also.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 05-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
Aiden80013
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
both are... I might have a couple nth brackets, if not, you can buy direct..
the part number is on the box in the pic.

https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...Code=nthdegree

I've made several diff cover/track bar braces also.
I only see the weld on tower in that link...if you have some, send me a pm, I'm looking to get everything here before Friday, need something to keep me busy on a 4 day weekend since the Heeps not ready for much wheeling till I get everything fixed.
Unread 05-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #9
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'll check on it tomorrow.. I looked on the site also, prolly have to call aev on that one, they used to be listed.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.