AC problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > AC problems

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
khill8469
2005 TJ Wrangler 

AC problems

ok i think were the water drains out is cloged with mud becasue water poors out of the duct work on the drivers side right on my foot. And it is alot of water. What can i do?

khill8469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
b912
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm no mechanic and I'm a noob Jeeper, but it just so happens that I installed an AC kit last month from jeepair.com so I think I can help for once. The drain for your AC comes out of the firewall under your hood on the passenger side under the condensor. You might be able to clean it out from there with some creative tool making. I would think a metal coat hanger with a small hook at the end would do well. If it can't be cleared from the drain, you'll have to get your heater box out which isn't a small task. You can go to jeepair.com and download their very comprehensive installation instructions which contain color pictures and everything you need. Those pictures can help you identify the drain if needed and can also help you get your heater box out so it can be thoroughly cleaned out. Hope that helps.
b912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
maddiver
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If you installed a DIY AC on a Jeep I'd hardly call you a noob!
What you said is right - it's a common problem. Search the threads and you'll find that another fix to this problem is to get a small length of tube (about 6 or 8 inches) that you can attach to where the drain tube comes of the firewall. That way the condensation will drip straight down the extra tube and not back around the grommet in the firewall - thus avoiding the condensation flood.
maddiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 06:54 AM   #4
khill8469
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiver View Post
If you installed a DIY AC on a Jeep I'd hardly call you a noob!
What you said is right - it's a common problem. Search the threads and you'll find that another fix to this problem is to get a small length of tube (about 6 or 8 inches) that you can attach to where the drain tube comes of the firewall. That way the condensation will drip straight down the extra tube and not back around the grommet in the firewall - thus avoiding the condensation flood.
i was wondering if anyone had a problem before with this clogging up with mud and how to clean it.
khill8469 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c drain , leak

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.