Contacts on my switch in the dash got hot and self destructed no fire, no smoke, just heat over time. Purchased a new switch, not the whole control with all 3 switches in it and replaced. Easy to check, just pull the bezel on the center off, remove the switch "pod" and inspect.
Center bezel removal- pop off defrost vent cover on top of dash, this just lifts/pop off, locate the 2 screws that secure the top of the bezel and remove, grab the bezel and pull away from dash, once you start you'll figure it out.
4 screws hold in the switch pod, remove and pull switchs out and inspect the wiring. Also use your nose, give the switches and wiring a sniff. You'll know it when you smell it, burnt electrical has a distinct smell.
Just something to check and it is really easy. Good luck.