ABS Dana 35 shafts stronger? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ABS Dana 35 shafts stronger?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #1
AlexTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ABS Dana 35 shafts stronger?

I know this is pretty much a silly question and it's almost pointless but I was curious.

I helped pull the Dana 35 out of my buddy's 01 XJ yesterday, somehow he broke it to where the pinion will shake back and forth.

He's pitching that piece for an 8.25 he found and I took the spider gears and the axle shafts from it to keep as extras.

My question is since he has ABS and my TJ doesn't, are his shafts a bit stronger than mine? I could have sworn I heard this somewhere but I couldn't remember.

Even if they are stronger can I get them on my TJ with that wheel speed gear thingy on them?

Again I know this is pointless but a little strength couldn't hurt until I finish my 8.8 this summer. (I'm kinda scared now because he was only running 31 MTs and I'm running 33s that are turned by my stroker )

'97 TJ Sport :4.7L STROKER:RSG AX-15 "Terminator":Accel 30lb/hr injectors:2000 intake manifold:HP Dana 30 & Ford 8.8 w/ stock LSD & 4.11s for now:RE 4.5" SF :OME Shocks:AA SYE & Dana CV shaft: MAXXIS Bighorn MTs 33x12.5R15:SRC Front & rear bumpers w/ tire carrier:Cragar Series 320 15x8s:WARN SDB-210HBs:KC slimlites Long & Fog:Bestop Replace-a-top : No Cat and Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad
AlexTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

No .
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
newbs
Jeepaholic
1999 TJ Wrangler 

unless the tone ring has magical powers they should be the same
newbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

D35s are good for 35" tires right? thats what the D"35" is for?

no dude, they're the same thing.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.