AA Tcase Bracket - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > AA Tcase Bracket

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-14-2006, 06:53 AM   #1
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

AA Tcase Bracket

My tcase bracket came in today, but the instructions leave a little to be desired. i searched the forums here, and stu's, and 4x4offroad, and found nothing. anybody have a write up? i could probably figure it out when i get to the garage saturday, but it may save me some time.

Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 07:15 AM   #2
davenjeip

Great product, but horrible directions.

I'd say follow them as much as you can, which won't be much, to get you in the ballpark. Then just start test fitting it.

It will only go on one way, so once you find where it fits you're good.

IIRC, I had to put mine on and take it off a few times to get everything in the right order. A PITA, but worth it.

If it makes you feel better, the gibberish in the instructions will make a lot more sense after you get it installed and see how it works.

www.davenjeip.com
davenjeip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
sduncan
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Do a search. There have been several of us who have posted in regards to this and there are some pics as well. Good Luck!!
'98 TJ, 5.7 HEMI, 545RFE, G2 33 spl. D44, HP D30,ARBs,4.10s, RE 4.5 LA,Savvy 1.25 BL,35in MTRs w/Pro Comp 15x10 alloys, Warn 9.5 cti w/Amsteel rope, Gen Rite G3 Alumium front fenders and rear flares, Premier Power welder 195 amp,Savvy Rockers,Prothane bumps,LED tail lites, Rampage top
Link to my Hemi build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/so...rsion-1277803/
YouTube video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDRq...&feature=g-upl
sduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2006, 02:50 AM   #4
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

So, i went into the garage on satruday, pulled up my carpet, unbolted the body mount, i went ahead and pulled my tcase skid for a little more room, got one stock nut off with a 15mm wrench, and the other one wouldn't budge (i know, they are 9/16's) so rather than chance rounding it off, i went home to get my sae toolbox, and low and behold, my 9/16ths is missing.
i got a new wrench set yesterday (can't buy a single sae wrench in europe...crap.) and plan on doing it again this weekend. my question is thus...
what is the easiest way to get to that frickin top nut? not a lot of room up there, as my skinned knuckles can attest. and the easiest way to pull those little rubber retainers and put them back on? garage time is pricey...
any help is appreciated, as i'm now running with "fully manual 4 wheel drive" with my linkage disconnected from my body...
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
sduncan
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The easiest way is from the top. I removed the center console when I did mine. Makes it MUCH easier for those of us with gorilla hands.
'98 TJ, 5.7 HEMI, 545RFE, G2 33 spl. D44, HP D30,ARBs,4.10s, RE 4.5 LA,Savvy 1.25 BL,35in MTRs w/Pro Comp 15x10 alloys, Warn 9.5 cti w/Amsteel rope, Gen Rite G3 Alumium front fenders and rear flares, Premier Power welder 195 amp,Savvy Rockers,Prothane bumps,LED tail lites, Rampage top
Link to my Hemi build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/so...rsion-1277803/
YouTube video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDRq...&feature=g-upl
sduncan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.