99 Sahara Build. Need your Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 99 Sahara Build. Need your Help!

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
PurpleWave
1999 TJ Wrangler 

99 Sahara Build. Need your Help!

I'm a newbie to this just to warn everyone, but your advice is much appreciated. I want to put a 3 inch lift on my jeep and some 33's. So to start out with what do y'all recommend. First problem: my dad thinks 33's will be too big for the front differential. In the front is a D30 and i assume a D35 in the back.

PurpleWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Don't assume. Just look at the rear axle--you might have a D44. The answers to your questions are everywhere on this forum. Search.

BTW, your D30 is fine with 33's.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Aggie99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I am running 33" Pro Comp Extreme Mud Terrains. See Sig Line for Lift Information.
1999 TJ Sahara - RC 2.5" Suspension Lift with 2.2 shocks and 1.5" Body Lift, 33" Extreme MT's on Crager Soft 8's, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spyder Rockers, Poison Spyder Full Roll Cage, Cobra 75 SWXT with 3' Firestik, Homebrew Hand throttle, Homebrew Quick Discos, Dana 30 with a Lockrite, Dana 44, Winch.
Aggie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
PurpleWave
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i have bene searching the forum before i posted this. im just not sure what the technical parts to all this stuff means
Unread 01-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

the front won't be a problem on 33's. The rear can be a problem. Go in the sticky FAQ above and look at the pictures of axles. ID what you have out back.
Unread 01-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
PurpleWave
1999 TJ Wrangler 

next question: What lift do you guys suggest. At first i was gonna do the RC 3.25 but then i was looking at 4wheelparts and the 4 Wheel Hardware 3" inch lift. shocks and everything included for like 650. The only i dont like about the 3.25 is with the body lift the space it puts between body and the bumper. which i think is very noticeable. This is my daily driver and i go to a private school where everyones parents pay for their stuff. this is all on me and i just want to have something nice. Little offraoding here and there, but nothing serious. thanks for your help guys.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.