Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

99+ Intake manifold on 98 Sport

657 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Knuckelhead 
#1 ·
Hey all,

So, long time lurker, first time poster.

First off I know the feelings of the site on this but.....since I cracked a manifold I went and bought an Aem Intake, rugged ridge headers, and banks exhaust. The engine felt a bit tired and thought it might help her breath a little better.

So while taking of the intake manifold I notice that it is GUNKED up, and by no means do I want to take off the bottom bolts again. So long story short, while everything is off I'm going to go ahead and get the 99+ intake manifold made by dorman off amazon prime. My question is. What else is there??? specifically - I want to upgrade the fuel injectors as well (which ones) and do I need a fuel pressure regulator?, and do I need to do anything else? I have a throttle body spacer that came with the intake and will be getting it bored.

Thanks for the help guys/gals

#3 ·
Hey all,

So, long time lurker, first time poster.

First off I know the feelings of the site on this but.....since I cracked a manifold I went and bought an Aem Intake, rugged ridge headers, and banks exhaust. The engine felt a bit tired and thought it might help her breath a little better.
Go to the parts store. Grab the big funnel for putting fuel in large fuel jugs. Take it home and clean it well. Now, start running up a big hill with a bed sheet tied at the corners to your ankles and wrists. Using the 12" bungee cord you snagged at the store to hold the funnel up to your mouth so you can only breathe through it, let us know if all that extra air helps you get up the hill easier.

So while taking of the intake manifold I notice that it is GUNKED up, and by no means do I want to take off the bottom bolts again. So long story short, while everything is off I'm going to go ahead and get the 99+ intake manifold made by dorman off amazon prime. My question is. What else is there??? specifically - I want to upgrade the fuel injectors as well (which ones) and do I need a fuel pressure regulator?, and do I need to do anything else? I have a throttle body spacer that came with the intake and will be getting it bored.

Thanks for the help guys/gals
You're going to buy a manifold instead of cleaning out the old one? The gunk dissolves easily with any good carb cleaner and a bit of elbow grease. Wouldn't you rather have a nice funnel and save some money?

#7 ·
Go to the parts store. Grab the big funnel for putting fuel in large fuel jugs. Take it home and clean it well. Now, start running up a big hill with a bed sheet tied at the corners to your ankles and wrists. Using the 12" bungee cord you snagged at the store to hold the funnel up to your mouth so you can only breathe through it, let us know if all that extra air helps you get up the hill easier.
:rofl:

#9 ·
Alrighty then. Thanks all!

Fyi I'll be asking a lot more questions once I start really delving into my build up/ rebuild...get used to me :smile2:
Ask away and glad to have you here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.