98 wrangler clock spring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 98 wrangler clock spring

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
84silverado4x4

98 wrangler clock spring

i recently bought a 98 wrangler 4cyl 5 speed.. the air bag light is on and the horns dont work.. no cruise.. any how if ya jump things the horns work and it points to a classic clock spring... i was under the impression and have seen olde posts that these run about 100 buck ?? after calling the dealer this morning i was told it costs 231 dollars thats just the part i can install it myself.. does this seem correct ?? did they go up that much

thanks in advance

84silverado4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
PeteYJTJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Just replaced mine this past Spring after I screwed it up when I replaced my steering box. I replaced the steering shaft and box at the same time. It was tough getting it all apart due to rust, so it ended up being a lot harder to keep the wheel centered than I thought it would.

Anyway, I think I paid about $150 through an online source - forget where I got it, sorry, but I seem to remember it being about $150 shipped.

It's pretty easy to replace though.

Pete

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.