98 Wranger TJ - Door Conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 98 Wranger TJ - Door Conversion

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
MichaelLimas
1998 TJ Wrangler 

98 Wranger TJ - Door Conversion

Hello all,

I have owned my Wrangler for a little over a week now. I really wanted to have a hard top and doors with windows but the Jeep I purchased had the bikini top and plastic windows. I was curious to see if I can convert my doors that I currently have to be used with a window? I apologize if I'm being naive and this is impossible. Doors w/windows are extremely expensive. If I am unable to convert, any thoughts on where to purchase the doors w/windows? Thanks in advance.

MichaelLimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
Cesaros
2000 TJ Wrangler 

buy full doors...or get them from a junk yard. as far as a hard top goes...buy a hard top
Cesaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 03:59 AM   #3
bryanrred
2001 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11134_XX_PG.htm

still pretty expensive, but not as bad as buying the full doors....
bryanrred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you have the factory steel half doors you can buy the "uppers" as they are usually referred to in a sliding glass style window or the OE type zipper plastic window also for sale at Quadratec and other places check with the Forums sponsors . You can also buy a set of Full steel doors that match your Jeep on Ebay , Craigslist and they mount just like the half doors . Watch Craigslist for the Hardtop as with the doors 1997 -2006 will work . their are slight differences but nothing major . a little research will provide the differences ,early years have side vents where later years were vented through the tailgate and so on . Same with the doors 97-06 will work biggest differencs being interior color changes . Half doors also work with hard tops and full doors with soft.
Unread 07-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #5
tjthorson
2013 JK Wrangler 

I wanted to have the half doors for my jeep for the summer. I just watched craigslist for over 6 months and came across half doors (with bad uppers) in the same color as my jeep for $150. Deals are out there if you are patient.... Good luck!
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #50
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Gecko Green (Wife's DD)
Gecko Green Jeep Club Member #1
2005 Yellow Unlimited Rubicon (sold)
My Band! -> http://www.forgethannah.com
http://www.toddsplace.com
tjthorson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door , tj , windows , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.