'98 TJ Stalling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > '98 TJ Stalling

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
Todd4a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

'98 TJ Stalling

Hi guys,
Jeep has recently started stalling. Only stalls at stop signs, red lights, or when stopping behind stopped traffic. Doesn't do it every time I drive, but when it happens it's hard to start. You have to keep it revved up or it dies. It doesn't sputter or anything like that,just dies like you turn the key off.The service engine light does not come on either. Any ideas where to start would help since I'm by no means a mechanic, and its hard to bring it in if it doesn't happen often. Thanks alot for your time.
Todd

Todd4a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
Todd4a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

to the top
Unread 03-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
BarneyJEEP
1998 TJ Wrangler 

idle air control valve?
Unread 04-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
Todd4a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I dico'ed the battery for a few minutes and hooked it back up and haven't had the problem again. I guess it reset the electronics? Been working fine so far.
Unread 04-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, it may return. It sounds like the IAC (I-dle A-ir C-ontroller) to me. They can be removed and cleaned as a start with no money spent.
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stalling , stalling at stop

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.