98 jeep wrangler 4.0 acceleration problem? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 98 jeep wrangler 4.0 acceleration problem?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
tj98black

98 jeep wrangler 4.0 acceleration problem?

I own a 1998 Jeep Wrangler with inline 6 4 .0. Lately my Jeep is starting to have problems with acceleration. As soon as I leave the house to go for a ride it feels like the motor is being choked. The only weird thing is that as soon as the engine is warm, the problem disappears. And recently it seems to have gotten a lot worse yesterday I installed a straight pipe exhaust and ever since that its everytime i get in the jeep. Pulling out in front of cars and then having it not excelerate is a pretty scary thing. If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks!

tj98black is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.