97 tj no air out dash vents - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 97 tj no air out dash vents

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
97tj1990jeeper

97 tj no air out dash vents

I have a 97 tj 4cyl. Air comes out of defrost and floor vents but nothing out of the dash vents. Ive found the door lever for the dash vents is broken off and gone. I took it to a shop and they said i had a broken rod in the heater box, and it would be around $400 to fix. i have found that this is a common problem with tj's but i havent heard anything about broken parts in the heater box. Anybody know how to fix this. I dont know much about heating and air conditioning so any help would be greatly appreciated.

97tj1990jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 04:11 AM   #2
Skyryder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Several articles on the fixes, here's one to get you started.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/all-settings-heater-ac-fan-blow-only-through-defroster-527339/
Black Jeep Society #264

Last edited by Skyryder; 03-10-2009 at 04:12 AM.. Reason: can't spell
Skyryder is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.