97 TJ - Fuse Identification - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 97 TJ - Fuse Identification

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 03-15-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Airdoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

97 TJ - Fuse Identification

Got a few things that are not working on the TJ and thought I'd open the fuse box that is under the hood.

I noticed that one fuse is blown (who knows what it is for) and a few fuse locations that are empty.

Aside from this, the 3rd brakelight is not working nor the interior light.

Would anyone have a link or diagram for both the fuseboxes so I can research/diagnose?

I've searched, but can't find.....Thanks in advance!!

Unread 03-16-2009, 04:22 AM   #2
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

If the high level stop lamp is the only one not working then it's probably the bulb. The dome lamps are powered from fuse 17 (10A) under the hood.

Here's some pics from the owners manual...

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.

Last edited by Jonny Jeep; 03-17-2009 at 02:39 AM..
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 06:12 AM   #3
g-town ram
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Airdoc,

YOu may want to look on the other side of the engine compartment,
The poster that sent you that Info is in the UK with a right hand drive TJ.

Just a Heads up.

(OlllllllO)
g-town ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
Airdoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-town ram View Post
Airdoc,

YOu may want to look on the other side of the engine compartment,
The poster that sent you that Info is in the UK with a right hand drive TJ.

Just a Heads up.
Thanks....I need a factory manual..if only I could find one.
Unread 03-16-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
Rubicon_Rob04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I bought one from Collins Brothers Jeep in Texas. Good thing is they have a website, bad thing is they are around $40.
Rubicon_Rob04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #6
Airdoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob97tj View Post
I bought one from Collins Brothers Jeep in Texas. Good thing is they have a website, bad thing is they are around $40.
Yowsa....I was meaning I'm looking for a Factory Service Manual - that thing is $160 at Collins Bros....I gotta find one, but at that price I'll just wing it.
Unread 03-17-2009, 02:28 AM   #7
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

The fuses are all in the same locations in the two boxes. The only difference regards these things is they are located on the other side of the vehicle. Airdoc, Have you checked your other brake lamps. The center lamp is fed direct from the brake switch and the left/right sides are fed through the turn signal switch on US models. If the other lamps are working the bulb is the most likely cause with that problem. The dome lamps are still fuse 17 in the PDC, which should also cause your radio to lose station memory.

I've modded the diagram in the center of the middle picture so as not to cause confusion to those with LHD TJs.

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.

Last edited by Jonny Jeep; 03-17-2009 at 02:46 AM..
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #8
Airdoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Jeep View Post
The fuses are all in the same locations in the two boxes. The only difference regards these things is they are located on the other side of the vehicle. Airdoc, Have you checked your other brake lamps. The center lamp is fed direct from the brake switch and the left/right sides are fed through the turn signal switch on US models. If the other lamps are working the bulb is the most likely cause with that problem. The dome lamps are still fuse 17 in the PDC, which should also cause your radio to lose station memory.

I've modded the diagram in the center of the middle picture so as not to cause confusion to those with LHD TJs.
U da man......thanks!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.