97 TJ 4cyl to 6 cyl swap. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 97 TJ 4cyl to 6 cyl swap.

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread Yesterday, 02:50 PM   #1
KrwlinTJ
Wasting time & money

1997 TJ Wrangler 

97 TJ 4cyl to 6 cyl swap in progress.

This is to all the nah sayers out there that say it is too much work. LOL

Here are just a couple of pictures of what i have gotten done, inculding installing the electric fan. The fan is not connected yet, just trimmed and installed onto the radiator.

The motor is in and mounts burned to the frame. The wiring harness is all hooked up and in place. Got all the stuff from a donor jeep. The motor came out of a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the complete engine harness and computer, ax15 is from a 98 jeep tj sahara. The hardest part was just setting the mounts onto the frame, but luckily is was able to take pictures and measurements from the 98 sahara. Still need to get the exhaust in, some sensors, hoses, air box, and some wiring to finish. Iam only able to work on this a few hrs a day before work. Also doing a dana 300 with northwest fab reverse cables and ring to flip it to driver side drop. Also ordered the kilby bracket to run on board air via the York 10 compressor.

I ll try to update this as make more progress.

20141216_150657.jpg

20141216_150645.jpg

20141216_150639.jpg

20141216_150628.jpg

4 Cyl out 6 Cyl going in..

My DIY Snorkel write up Click here...
Homemade Snorkel

Chevy 4.3 Conversion Click here...4.3 Chevy Conversion
KrwlinTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 04:32 PM   #2
JWebber
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Get the 99 manifold intake and get a bit more power.
JWebber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 05:00 PM   #3
KrwlinTJ
Wasting time & money

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWebber View Post
Get the 99 manifold intake and get a bit more power.
I'll add that to the do list.

4 Cyl out 6 Cyl going in..

My DIY Snorkel write up Click here...
Homemade Snorkel

Chevy 4.3 Conversion Click here...4.3 Chevy Conversion
KrwlinTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.