Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

97 TJ 4.0, 8.8 rear: Lift install, how much extra lift required 4 frt to sit level

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Wheelin98TJ 
#1 ·
Wow that was a long Title?!!? I have the 8.8 in the rear of my TJ. I will soon be installing my RC 2.5" suspension lift. I know the TJ has a slight rake by default and since my 8.8 install it seems to have even more. I am trying to figure out what spacers i need for the front so that i will sit level (or close to it) once i install the lift/spacer.

I took a few measurements at the rocker to try and help me decide but i'm not sure if this is the correct way to go about it. Here is what i have:

Foremost part of rocker (right behind front flare) is 1.5 inches lower than the Rearmost part of rocker (right in front of rear flare).

I am trying to get all items purchased before i do anything. I want to get it all done at one time. My thoughts are to purchase 1.5 inch spacers for front and intall along with my 2.5 inch springs in front and rear.

Anyone out there running this setup, or can at least tell me how to figure that out.

EDIT* ...and yes i will be cutting my body lift in half when we do this! \EDIT

Thanks,

See less See more
#7 ·
If you are unsure how to measure, here is one way to do it.

Assume the RC 2.5" kit will give you a level lift front and rear. Its close enough to assume this.

Park your Jeep on level ground, jack up the front of the body until it looks how you want, then measure how much you raised the body.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.