6 inch lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 6 inch lift

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 09-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
ptrj96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

6 inch lift

How tippy really is 6 inches of suspension lift with 35s. I'm looking at taking a trip to moab for senior year, and i have plans to lower my jeep and put hi lines on it but that requires money which is hard to come by in high school so will it be a hazard with that much lift or do a lot of people just blow it out of proportion with that much lift?

Unread 09-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
Trendsetter75
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrj96 View Post
How tippy really is 6 inches of suspension lift with 35s. I'm looking at taking a trip to moab for senior year, and i have plans to lower my jeep and put hi lines on it but that requires money which is hard to come by in high school so will it be a hazard with that much lift or do a lot of people just blow it out of proportion with that much lift?
It would be like riding on top of a bowl of Jello. I suggest not to go past 4" lift. If I were you do a 3" lift with a 1.25BL. Here is a link where you can get this lift from. If you do alot of offroading and little street then upgrade to the Nitro shocks. If you do mostly street/Daily Driver/ some offroad then just go with the hydraulic white shocks that come with the lift. Old Man Emu makes a good lift as well but its like 900.00 dollars. BDS makes a good lift kit which has a lifetime warranty. Hope this helps!!!

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=451&gr=-1

You can run 35's with this lift as well.
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
ptrj96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i already have the lift, i've been offroad with it before but nothing like moab, i just am curious how it will handle
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
Trendsetter75
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
i already have the lift, i've been offroad with it before but nothing like moab, i just am curious how it will handle
What make lift is it when did you get it is it long arm or short arm lift??
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
ptrj96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

it is a rough country long arm that i got about 8 months ago
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
Trendsetter75
2010 JK Wrangler 

I saw your profile looks like you have Rough Country Long arm. Personally Rough Country makes crappy lift kits springs okay but their shocks stink. You stated future 4" lift I would just go with what I mentioned above the Zone 4.25 lift.
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
ptrj96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i know rough country isn't the best, but i only paid 1000 dollars for the long arm lift. so my mindset was i would get my 35s i had on it with out any problem than go from there with upgrading the suspension, i was planning on keeping there long arms because from what ive experienced and heard they really aren't bad at all so i would keep them with that lift you listed above
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
Trendsetter75
2010 JK Wrangler 

6" lift kits and body lifts over 1.25" is just ridiculous! Guys on here run 2.5-4" lifts using 35-37" wheels.
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
ptrj96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

yeah so i've heard so would you suggest that zone lift along with my long arms over piecing together a lift with currie 3 in springs, bilstein 5100 shocks, daystar 1 inch body lift, and a rubicon express mml? I plan on tummy tucking this eventually as well
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Depending on where you go in Moab, you'll be fine. Are you capable of wheeling in Moab? It's different terrain than a lot of the east coast stuff. If you've never been to Moab, or similar, are you bringing someone with experience? Your 6 inch lift will be fine there as long as all of these questions are answered in the affirmative.

As for your question of long arms... I believe there are better designs than the RC stuff. But how much, realistically, are you able to dump into this? The ease with which this could exceed 2 grand is mind blowing.
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I run longarms with 6" of lift and do not enjoy driving on the PA turnpike. I drove about 600 miles roundtrip two weekends ago and it was fine as long as I stayed under 65 MPH.
Duck Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #12
ptrj96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMasterGT View Post
Depending on where you go in Moab, you'll be fine. Are you capable of wheeling in Moab? It's different terrain than a lot of the east coast stuff. If you've never been to Moab, or similar, are you bringing someone with experience? Your 6 inch lift will be fine there as long as all of these questions are answered in the affirmative.

As for your question of long arms... I believe there are better designs than the RC stuff. But how much, realistically, are you able to dump into this? The ease with which this could exceed 2 grand is mind blowing.
i've never driven anything like moab, but i was planning on going in the spring for easter jeep safari so there would be spotters everywhere, and i am not going to spend any money for a different long arm set up until this one fails me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Doctor View Post
I run longarms with 6" of lift and do not enjoy driving on the PA turnpike. I drove about 600 miles roundtrip two weekends ago and it was fine as long as I stayed under 65 MPH.
Really? i don't feel tippy on the free way at all, i've had my jeep at 80 mph before but at that point i was definitely starting to get a little scared
Unread 09-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #13
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I just don't see the reasoning in 6" of lift. Most of the high end short arm kits today perform as good if not better than the long arm kits
wtfcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #14
my996duc1
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've never been to Moab but from what I've seen online you shouldn't need a Jeep let alone a lift....

2005 LJ Rubicon Sahara #0090 / MetalCloak'd / Currie 4" Lift with AntiRock / 35x12.50 GoodYear Kevlars / UCF skids

My build : http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/rubicon-sahara-build-chronicles-328649.html
my996duc1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #15
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Am I the only one worried about a D35, 35's, and Moab...?

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
35s , lift , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.