6 inch to 4 inch lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 6 inch to 4 inch lift

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 12-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
limeking
2004 TJ Wrangler 

6 inch to 4 inch lift

My cousins Jeep is running the 6 inch short arm Junk from Rough Country. I have 4 inch springs, The shocks came with the kit but are to short and will work with the 4 inch springs. It has a drop pitman arm and a trackbar drop, my question is can I drop to 4 inches and still use those drops temporarily until they are replaced with better parts?

Jeremy : )
2004 Lime Rubicon, NV3550, JKS arms, and trackbars, UCF tummy tuck, LoPro and engine skid, 3 in tera springs 33 KM2s
1994 Red Wrangler, 2.5 in lift, 31 in no names, 4.0 ax15 30/35
limeking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Dannn
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'd say you could just grab a stock pitman arm because they are cheap, throw that on and remove the track bar drop bracket. but then again i could be wrong and at 4" with everything dropped you might still have your track bar and drag link in line.
Unread 12-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
loaderopp
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeking View Post
My cousins Jeep is running the 6 inch short arm Junk from Rough Country. I have 4 inch springs, The shocks came with the kit but are to short and will work with the 4 inch springs. It has a drop pitman arm and a trackbar drop, my question is can I drop to 4 inches and still use those drops temporarily until they are replaced with better parts?
A drop to 4 inches from 6. Should be okay. But take a good look at your axle center. you may need to adjust your track bar. 2 inches will want to push your axle out from center.

you will also need to check for contact clearance between axle,steering and frame and re-adjust the toe in-out
2005 Rubicon Unlimited, 5.5 inch custom long arm, 1 inch daystar body lift, River Raider Snorkel, Custom bumper/winch mount, sliders, tire carrier. 37x13.50 R17 Nitto Mudgraplers, Bushwacker flat fender. Custom 1/2 cab. Hyline hood vents. Custom tonnue cover and tool box. HID-X off road lights, LED driving lights custom rear bumper/m6000 rear monted winch.
loaderopp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
limeking
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would remove them both but he has to save money for a new front track bar since without the bracket it cannot bolt to the stock location. The whole supension is all outta wack, the track bar was to short anyway, for 6 inches, really wanna get it less squirly and better ride cheaply, then he can save to buy quality suspension parts, instead of peiceing together stuff.

Jeremy : )
2004 Lime Rubicon, NV3550, JKS arms, and trackbars, UCF tummy tuck, LoPro and engine skid, 3 in tera springs 33 KM2s
1994 Red Wrangler, 2.5 in lift, 31 in no names, 4.0 ax15 30/35
limeking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.