6 inch to 4 inch lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 6 inch to 4 inch lift

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
limeking
2004 TJ Wrangler 

6 inch to 4 inch lift

My cousins Jeep is running the 6 inch short arm Junk from Rough Country. I have 4 inch springs, The shocks came with the kit but are to short and will work with the 4 inch springs. It has a drop pitman arm and a trackbar drop, my question is can I drop to 4 inches and still use those drops temporarily until they are replaced with better parts?

Jeremy : )
2004 Lime Rubicon, NV3550, JKS arms, and trackbars, UCF tummy tuck, LoPro and engine skid, 3 in tera springs 33 KM2s
1994 Red Wrangler, 2.5 in lift, 31 in no names, 4.0 ax15 30/35
limeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
Dannn
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'd say you could just grab a stock pitman arm because they are cheap, throw that on and remove the track bar drop bracket. but then again i could be wrong and at 4" with everything dropped you might still have your track bar and drag link in line.
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
loaderopp
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeking View Post
My cousins Jeep is running the 6 inch short arm Junk from Rough Country. I have 4 inch springs, The shocks came with the kit but are to short and will work with the 4 inch springs. It has a drop pitman arm and a trackbar drop, my question is can I drop to 4 inches and still use those drops temporarily until they are replaced with better parts?
A drop to 4 inches from 6. Should be okay. But take a good look at your axle center. you may need to adjust your track bar. 2 inches will want to push your axle out from center.

you will also need to check for contact clearance between axle,steering and frame and re-adjust the toe in-out
2005 Rubicon Unlimited, 5.5 inch custom long arm, 1 inch daystar body lift, River Raider Snorkel, Custom bumper/winch mount, sliders, tire carrier. 37x13.50 R17 Nitto Mudgraplers, Bushwacker flat fender. Custom 1/2 cab. Hyline hood vents. Custom tonnue cover and tool box. HID-X off road lights, LED driving lights custom rear bumper/m6000 rear monted winch.
loaderopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
limeking
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would remove them both but he has to save money for a new front track bar since without the bracket it cannot bolt to the stock location. The whole supension is all outta wack, the track bar was to short anyway, for 6 inches, really wanna get it less squirly and better ride cheaply, then he can save to buy quality suspension parts, instead of peiceing together stuff.

Jeremy : )
2004 Lime Rubicon, NV3550, JKS arms, and trackbars, UCF tummy tuck, LoPro and engine skid, 3 in tera springs 33 KM2s
1994 Red Wrangler, 2.5 in lift, 31 in no names, 4.0 ax15 30/35
limeking is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.