4x4 Linkage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4x4 Linkage

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
brtnshrdr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

4x4 Linkage

I currently have a 2000 Tj but I'm looking to "upgrade" to a more built '97. The only thing I'm concerned with is the seller says that the "4x4 shift linkage needs repair." I've tried looking it up but most of the results I get pertain to adapters to fit lifts. I'm hoping someone can help me as to what this problem could most likely mean?? That would be great!

Thanks!

2000 TJ Wrangler - 4" BDS Suspension Lift
brtnshrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Does it have a body lift? If so, the linkage may need to be adjusted and/or an adapter installed.

Other than that, it could mean anything. Bent or worn out pieces. Broken pieces. Missing pieces. It could even mean the internal shifter is messed up and he is blaming it on the linkage because he doesn't want to admit it or he doesn't know the truth.
Unread 07-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Distributor cap? Yuck. Stick with the 2000

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
JEK3
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I recommend you look into the Novak shift kit. It guts all the linkage pieces and replaces them with a cable that, once installed and adjusted, will work with any amount of body lift. They come highly recommended. I have one sitting in my basement (along with several other upgrades), just waiting for a free day to put it in.
JEK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
JrTjK
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

^Novak makes a nice one, as well as Advanced Adapters having one as well.

There is also the shift bushing repair kit http://www.quadratec.com/products/52207_0007.htm in case it's that simple.
JrTjK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
brtnshrdr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys! I got some more information about it. He had actually disconnected the linkage because the alignment wasn't right with the lift! So he manually has to go put it in 4Hi or 4Lo! I've been seeing that Novak Linkage a lot in my searches and think its what I'm going to end up getting for it if this works out!

2000 TJ Wrangler - 4" BDS Suspension Lift
brtnshrdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4 , linkage , repair , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.