4WD Shakes Violently - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4WD Shakes Violently

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-04-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
BENGRFF
2003 TJ Wrangler 

4WD Shakes Violently

Hi,

2003 TJ

When it's in 2wd it is fine, but when I put it into 4wd it shakes violently.The jeep is undrivable in 4wd. The jeep is stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ben

BENGRFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
john NC
1979 CJ5 

are you using 4WD on the road?
john NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
FLATFENDER54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Good question
FLATFENDER54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
BomberJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you are not being smooth with it it will buck. Mine likes to buck in first gear if I dont give it the throttle right. Second gear is smoother so I usually drive in that when Im wheelin

Never get between a man and his Jeep - Stacey David.

03 Jeep TJ

/l ,[_____],
l---L -OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)--o-)_)

98 Jeep XJ

_(o)_)--(o)_)----)_)
BomberJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
BENGRFF
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't been able to use 4wd since the middle of Winter. I did drive on the pavement in 4wd, but the roads are covered in snow all Winter long and it really is a neccessity to use 4wd. I've owned the TJ for three years, and haven't had a problem driving it this way, until this past Winter.Could the problem be a Ujoint or something like that? 2wd is fine, but when it's put into 4wd it shakes very violently right from the get go. It feels like the tires are going to fall off the jeep. Thanks, Ben
BENGRFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.