4WD Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4WD Problems

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-25-2013, 02:50 AM   #1
ek5soccer
2003 TJ Wrangler 

4WD Problems

So I took my jeep off roading and got stuck in a pretty good sized puddle (see photo). Got it out the next day and power washed it off multiple times. Changed all of my fluids (both diffs, transfer case, transmission, and oil). Today when I checked to see if my 4WD was messed up. So I put it in 4 hi and started in first gear which seemed to work fine, but then when i shifted into second the 4wd seemed to pop out into neutral, so I stopped and put it back into 4 hi and tried to go again 1st gear worked well and then shifted to second and it popped down to 2wd. Didn't try 4 lo. Any idea on what might be wrong??

ek5soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:24 AM   #2
4banged
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Check the linkage on the 4wd lever. It's easy...do a search for step-by-step instructions.
4banged is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have: BL, MML, raised belly skid, t-case drop?

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #4
ek5soccer
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman
Do you have: BL, MML, raised belly skid, t-case drop?
I am not sure.
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
ek5soccer
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banged
Check the linkage on the 4wd lever. It's easy...do a search for step-by-step instructions.
Yeah it looked like it was all hooked up properly just needed to be adjusted I guess.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.