4wd problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4wd problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
wdtran99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

4wd problem

I recently bought my first wrangler it a 99 tj sport with an inline 6cyl. and the only problem im having with it is my 4wd wont disengauge, the dash light is off but the drive shaft itself is still locked in, i checked the linkages and they are fine, and no rust, im not sure where to go from here?

wdtran99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The driveshaft always spins.
Unread 06-25-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
wdtran99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ok thank u, iv always had broncos so im used to the transfer case disengauging not the axle, thanks again
wdtran99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
BubbaNTx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Dont feel Bad This Is My10th four wheel Drive and they all had Hubs my 97 isthe First without Hubs. Never had To Replce a Front Axle shaft U joint Had A Nasty Clunck and Chased it for days Found The Right Front Axle Joint Bad. Now I am Looking For A Post on How To replace it.
BubbaNTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdtran99 View Post
Ok thank u, iv always had broncos so im used to the transfer case disengauging not the axle, thanks again
on TJs the Tcase is disengaged, and the axle is not. so you should be used to that.

Tags
4wd , disengage

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.