Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

4" X Series Rough Country = Too Rough..Help

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  dmgiff 
#1 ·
Newbe here, Hello Guys.

Got an 06 Rubicon, 4" X series Rough Country with 33x12.50x16 Boggers on it. It rides like crap. I know the tires are not ever going to ride good but the shocks seem too hard. I have been reading the views on shocks but i am kinda wondering if the springs on the lift will matter on the shocks that i get. Any ideas? Oh it does have adjustable control arms, some one will probally ask.

Thanks

#5 ·
i hate my cheap Ranchos, but no money to change them right now. if i could do it again, id invest more money into some nice shocks. the latest 4wd hardware catalog has a nice chart in the shock area that rated th estiffness of the shocks, give it a look!

#7 ·
well the boggers are coming off, probally going with Cooper STT's. The shocks that are on there now are the shocks that come with the lift. They are white and didnt have anything on them so i cant tell you what they are. I was thinking about some Skyjacker Hydro's but am still not sure. I was thinking about some Bilstein 5100's but have read that they were soft from one place and hard from another. Just let me know what yall think about it.

#9 ·
just got the 4WD catalog and in the shock section is a rundown of all the shocks they offer and stiffness ratings. i noticed my rancho 5000s are stiff, so im gonna buy something softer when the money comes....sorry IF the money comes!!

#15 ·
They ship with limiting straps on them. If you pull them off, you'll have a helluva time putting the new shocks on. I pulled off one to measure fully extended before installing, and it took a lot of work to get it back on ;).

#18 ·
My buddy just bought the RC kit and he purchased the 2.2 shocks and seems to like the way they ride. I will look around and see what I can find out about the Bilstein's for you.

Can I have your boggers when you take them off?

#19 ·
Just installed the 2.2 RC shocks last night and like them allready, I was gonna go RE monotubes but I was allready buying the X flex control arms from jeffrey and thought what the hell why not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.