4" shocks with 3 inch lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4" shocks with 3 inch lift

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
JESSETHELJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

4" shocks with 3 inch lift

I have a deal where i can get
2x Bilstein 5100 TJ 97-06 Standard Front (+) 4" of Lift
2x Bilstein 5100 TJ 97-06 Standard Rear (+) 4" of Lift

all for 150 bucks brand new

question is I have a 3 inch Rock crawler lift int he the garage will there be any down fall using these shocks. All i can think of if it was to get over compressed?
Is this going to be an issue?

Currie Anti rock, Trail gear bumpers, Rokmen tummy tuck with Eng skid, Genright Rockers
Smitty Bult XRC 10k winch
JESSETHELJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Install them and check the shock as you fully compress your suspension one side at a time. I can't think of any other problems you would have other than over compressing them, they certainly won't over extend.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

they work good with 3" coils, need a minimum of 2" bumpstops so they won't bottome out, they will allow the coils to unseat fully drooped.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
ductape1000
Recently Flopped!!

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
they work good with 3" coils, need a minimum of 2" bumpstops so they won't bottome out, they will allow the coils to unseat fully drooped.
x2

Insert clever saying by someone well known here...

Under Re-construction.....
ductape1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.