4" RC lift and a SYE and CV - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4" RC lift and a SYE and CV

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-06-2006, 08:40 AM   #1
Daylan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

4" RC lift and a SYE and CV

I am looking to run the Rough Country 4" X-Series lift and would like to know if I should just go ahead and buy the SYE and CV or if the trans drop kit will eliminate vibs????? I do plan on doing some moderate off roading.

Daylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #2
okeefe11
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I drove my 4in lifted jeep for about a year with only transfercase drop. It didn't have vibes but I went through two sets of universal joints in the rear. I now have sye for a couple years and its much better on the u-joints. Though a buddy of mine had a four inch lift and the transfer case drop didn't get rid of his vibrations so he had to do the sye right away.
chris
Front & Rear ARB plus 4.56 gear
Front & Rear Warn Bumper w/9.5ti on Front
Poison Spyder Rocker Guards
okeefe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 02:34 PM   #3
beryl

i'd say go ahead and get it
beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
jedeason

I would get it if you have the money to spend. I ran the TC drop for a couple of months before I got mine. Had very minor vibes at take off but nothing drastic. Would pop out of second gear every now and then from gear shift hitting. You will also be happy to regain your clearance since you plan on doing some wheeling.
jedeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #5
Daylan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the help.
Daylan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.