Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

4 Lo gas mileage

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  2005X 
#1 ·
Today I put the Jeep in 4 lo for all of 10 seconds to get out of a ditch. I had 3/4 a tank before i did it and like 1/4 after. Did it really burn that much gas?

#4 ·
No, if you were really off camber check again on a level surface, if not start the Jeep again. My gas gauge would get stuck on the full position if I stayed off camber long enough, even if I leveled out. Any problems after that someone else will need to help you out

#5 ·
Yea, it was because I was off camber. Even after I leveled out, it still read 1/4. But when I restarted it, it went back to 3/4. :D

#10 ·
Um, no.
You will be revving as if you are driving 40-50 mph (and lots more sometimes, if you're in 4lo you're working the gas pedal constantly) but - you don't go many miles in all that time.

Compare 3 hours on a trail to go 3 miles (or 10, whatever), compared to 3 hours on the road and covering 150+ miles. Miles per gallon...

#16 ·
1. Who gives a rat's a$$ about mileage in 4 lo and why???????

2. What was the tire presure in the vids above. The tires looked rock hard to me. Try about 6-8 psi next time. You'll probably drive up the same ledgge with a lot less trouble.

just 2 more pennies for the pot.....
5psi. cant really go much lower than that. im the first vid you can see the tires are caked in mud

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.