4" LJ Rubi requirements? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4" LJ Rubi requirements?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
jscusmcvet

2005 LJ Wrangler 

4" LJ Rubi requirements?

Currently I am running 2.5" lift on my 2005 LJ. The rear end was riding lower than the front so I added a .75" spacer and that leveled things out. I am considering moving up to 4", for more tire clearance. I rub up front when disconnected on trails and that is the only reason I am looking at going up. I am comfortable with the stance, etc as it sits. I am running 33x12.50x15 on 3.75 backspace wheels.

Specifically I am looking for whether or not I need;

rear driveshaft upgrade
rear track bar bracket or adjustable bar
extended rear sway bar links

In order to run this. This is my DD. I also pull our Pop up camper and weekend wheeler. I spend a lot of time on weekends using it as a farm vehicle as well, but not pertinent to this discussion, I do not think.

Any input welcome.

John

Unread 01-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #2
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What springs do you have now? A 1.25" body lift would be what I would add.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
jscusmcvet

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have 2.5" Rough Country spring. I am happy with them, although the rear sagged enough for me to add .75" spacers. I am trying to go up to 4" or so and prefer to not do a BL if possible.

John
Unread 01-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

You should be fine with your driveshaft. You won't get 4" out of those springs due to the LJ being *** heavy. Have you looked into air bags to assist pulling the trailer too?
Unread 01-22-2014, 04:37 AM   #5
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscusmcvet View Post
I have 2.5" Rough Country spring. I am happy with them, although the rear sagged enough for me to add .75" spacers. I am trying to go up to 4" or so and prefer to not do a BL if possible.

John
You shouldn't be happy with them. The rc springs have a very low spring rate and I would never use them on a lj. They are fine on a very light tj, but never an lj. A small bl 1.25" has may advantages vs a 4" suspension lift and shouldn't be ruled out. I would look at hd spring made by old man emu, or maybe bds 3".
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 05:41 AM   #6
jscusmcvet

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
You shouldn't be happy...
Now you sound like my ex wife

I think I am going to head a different route and bump stop the front for now and then add more clearance up front through fenders... at some point in the future. We'll see how plans develop and change, etc...

Thanks for the responses.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.