4"lift with 1"body lift with 33s - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4"lift with 1"body lift with 33s

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #46
1998tjsport
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMHorn View Post
Why is that?
From first hand experience they tend to sag. I run a 3inch Savvy/Currie setup and my good friend has a TJ with a 3inch RC with a 1.25 BL. We sat at the same height in the front and his rear was .5" lower than mine.......He now has a bumper, winch, and a tire carrier and sits slightly lower in the front than my stock bumpered TJ. It took about a year for it to sag how it did but it did sag. On the bright side though RC did say they would send him a new kit ....so it seems they will stand by their product.

Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/f...ld-up-1447047/

Past-
1994 Grand Cherokee 5 SPEED 3inch lift, tj bumper, 31x10.5s, wheel spacers, rhino liner, ect.....
1998 TJ Sport 5 Speed 31x10.5s, completely murdered out, and a short throw haha (miss that jeep)
1999 TJ SE 5 Speed (ls swap that became a part-out due to excess frame rot)
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
1998tjsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #47
JasonMHorn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998tjsport View Post
From first hand experience they tend to sag. I run a 3inch Savvy/Currie setup and my good friend has a TJ with a 3inch RC with a 1.25 BL. We sat at the same height in the front and his rear was .5" lower than mine.......He now has a bumper, winch, and a tire carrier and sits slightly lower in the front than my stock bumpered TJ. It took about a year for it to sag how it did but it did sag. On the bright side though RC did say they would send him a new kit ....so it seems they will stand by their product.
I appreciate the info. And hopefully they'll stand by it if it does end up occurring.
JasonMHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #48
Miller16
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so i ordered mylift today, not 4" or skyjacker or zone, but rough country....3.25" and then ill be deciding on 1" or 1.25" bl
Miller16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #49
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #50
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

That extra .25 won't be noticable driving. But it may make a world of difference with clearance. Go for the 1.25.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #51
Miller16
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well i be able to fit 35s after i get the bl?
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #52
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller16 View Post
Will i be able to fit 35's after I get the BL?
35's will work with 4" and up without anything fancy. As long as your springs stay above 2.75" of lift, and you use a 1.25" lift, you shouldn't have a problem. Every situation is a little different though, and I have no idea how the 3.25 springs hold up long-term. Don't forget to adjust your bumpstops and steering stops accordingly.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #53
bdub1285
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
35's will work with 4" and up without anything fancy. As long as your springs stay above 2.75" of lift, and you use a 1.25" lift, you shouldn't have a problem. Every situation is a little different though, and I have no idea how the 3.25 springs hold up long-term. Don't forget to adjust your bumpstops and steering stops accordingly.
I run 35's no problem with 3" suspension and 1.5" body lift. I do have flat fenders though.
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #54
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub1285 View Post
I run 35's no problem with 3" suspension and 1.5" body lift. I do have flat fenders though.
That's 4.5"...

I could slightly rub 33's on the outer part of the flare with a 4" lift before my BL. I have 2" bump stop extensions.
Quote:
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #55
Miller16
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How would I make my bump stops work proabably ans steering stops?
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #56
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller16 View Post
How would I make my bump stops work proabably ans steering stops?
When you get the 35's, leave the springs out and jack up each tire until it hits something. Take out the little rubber inserts from the bump stops. Add a spacer to the axle spring perch so the the tire doesn't contact anything.

Reinstall the little rubber bumpstops and springs.

Steering stops are just a bolts on the knuckle. They keep the wheels from turning too far. Like if you're tires hit the swaybar when turning at full articulation.
Quote:
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #57
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
I was running 2" springs and a 1.25" bl with 35's, no problem at all, no rubbing. currently running 3" springs up front due to a winch resting on my bumper.

currently running more down travel than uptravel until I relocate my shock mounts and raise the fenders.

you dont need 4"+ lift to run 35's
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #58
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post

I was running 2" springs and a 1.25" bl with 35's, no problem at all, no rubbing. currently running 3" springs up front due to a winch resting on my bumper.

currently running more down travel than uptravel until I relocate my shock mounts and raise the fenders.

you dont need 4"+ lift to run 35's
I guess I assume there's not enough uptravel. Everybody has a different take on it though.
Quote:
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #59
mannyspd1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Currie's instructions for their 4" kit say that when used in conjunction with a 1" bl, their kit is good for 35" tires.
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #60
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyspd1 View Post
Currie's instructions for their 4" kit say that when used in conjunction with a 1" bl, their kit is good for 35" tires.
Ok. You can also fit 35's on 2" lift. You will just have no travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.