4 Inch Skyjacker Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4 Inch Skyjacker Question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 07-25-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

4 Inch Skyjacker Question

I have a 4 inch skyjacker that me and a buddy installed about 4 months ago on my 97 TJ. The sway bar links are just barely off the frame...I mean I can't even fit my pinky finger between the top of the sway bar links and my frame...this isn't normal is it? If I did any wheeling I'm afraid they would smack the frame!!

Thanks...

Sam

samger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #2
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

when you installed the kit did you redrill your front trackbar hole or install a new adjustable front trackbar? It sounds like if you did you didnt drill it far enough over of you didnt adjust your trackbar enough to center the axle back...If you look at the other sice, the swaybar should be farther than normal. THe entire swaybar has actually shifted towards the drivers side because of the swing of the trackbar.

The best solution to this is an adjustable front trackbar...but I have seen bandaid solutions that use clams to hold the swaybar centered in its bushings....
Unread 07-25-2005, 02:08 PM   #3
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We drilled a new hole. It didn't come with a new trackbar. One side seems a little bit closer to the frame...but hardly noticeable.

Sam
samger2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.